Tomtom one stuck in Boot HELP   

Tomtom one stuck in Boot HELP

Postby greenshare » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi y'all

I have a big problem. i have formated my tomtom and i putted my backup that i did in a map back in the tomtom

When it was done i unplugged it and it loaded
since then its just stuck on the bootloop and i cant turn it off and i my tomtom isen't connecting with my pc..

i cant reset it because it only has an power button

Please help thanks
greenshare offline

Re: Tomtom one stuck in Boot HELP

Postby Shaman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Connect your device to your PC and press the power down button for about 15 seconds. This way it will connect automatically to your PC. Delete everything on your internal storage and download the original navcore from TomTom Home. Don't put any map on it yet.

First try to boot up until the message "no maps found". If that works you probebly don't have any hardware issue.

Patch the original navcore or use a prepatched navcore from Navitotal, copy the map you want to use to your device, a ctivate it and boot it up again.
Every day drunk is also a regular life :drinkingbuddies:
Shaman offline

User avatar Member

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am

Shaman i will try your option but i even hold the power Button for 2 minutes so it doesen't work tendriver i have let it on the whole night and now its out of battery and i can get it to connect again so ill try what shaman told me but thanks guys i will report if there is any progress
greenshare offline

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:06 am

Does anyone know where i can download an navcore for the tomtom start 1EX00 i'm an total noob :/
greenshare offline

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:10 am

I got the thingy working it now shows no maps i'm now searching after western europe but its to big for my 1GB tomtom is there a smaller western europe out there? please help
greenshare offline

Postby Shaman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:57 am

Shaman i will try your option but i even hold the power Button for 2 minutes so it doesen't work tendriver i have let it on the whole night and now its out of battery and i can get it to connect again so ill try what shaman told me but thanks guys i will report if there is any progress

Does anyone know where i can download an navcore for the tomtom start 1EX00 i'm an total noob :/

I got the thingy working it now shows no maps i'm now searching after western europe but its to big for my 1GB tomtom is there a smaller western europe out there? please help

First one question. Is this all the same device?
Cause when it's a start you're talking about, there is a reset hole underneath.

The original navcore for this device is the 9.510 and it has 2gb internal storage.

There are no Western Europe maps available for a 1gb device. For those devices you can choose between the

Europe_1GB_North v945.6243
Europe_1GB_West v945.6243
Europe_1GB_South v945.6243

Maps
Shaman offline

User avatar Member

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:59 am

Shaman wrote:

First one question. Is this all the same device?
Cause when it's a start you're talking about, there is a reset hole underneath.

The original navcore for this device is the 9.510 and it has 2gb internal storage.

There are no Western Europe maps available for a 1gb device. For those devices you can choose between the

Europe_1GB_North v945.6243
Europe_1GB_West v945.6243
Europe_1GB_South v945.6243

Maps
tbh i found an western europe 945 for 1gb devices it has 850 mb here topic16880.html than western europe the last one has META data i think that that will work no? But i have already clicked on it but i dont know how to download it... help me please shaman <3!!
greenshare offline

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:05 pm

How can i activate my map i have fastactivate in my tomtom
i open fast activate en press nr 2 and 3
when i disconnect i still see no maps availeble? :'( help thanks
greenshare offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:03 pm

OK, time out. Please stop trying to work on 2 units at the same time in the same thread. Pick a unit. When it's issues are solved, we can take care of the other unit.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:45 pm

tendriver wrote:OK, time out. Please stop trying to work on 2 units at the same time in the same thread. Pick a unit. When it's issues are solved, we can take care of the other unit.
Its the same tomtom my friend

I had central europe in it than i backed it up than i had that problem now that problem of boothole is fixed i have other problems with the central map and the map that iam now downloading from an other site because i diden't know how to download it from here linkrypt doesen't work at all. Now i had putted the normal central one back and i putted fastactivate in the tomtom than i clicked on everything to patch the map then i have unplugged it and opened the tomtom but i still see no maps? And the one i'm downloading the western one is stuck on 82% with connecting to peers everything is going bad right know. How can i activate the central one :/ please help thanks
greenshare offline

Postby Shaman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:37 pm

There was a reason why I didn't advise the Central Europe map but only the 3 Europe 1gb maps.
First of all, those 3 maps have a meta so they can be activated. And if you went further down this topic there is an easy download in post nr. 9

maps-v9xx-f179/945-map-collections-only-t16879.html

The Zippyshare section :022:
thanks to pepepepote :lol:
Shaman offline

User avatar Member

Postby greenshare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Hey guys i finnaly managed to download an tomtom western union map and ofc this is what happens. I cant copy it into my tomtom it just takes 5 years to put something like an map in my tomtom i tried several maps and several computers but none want to enter my tomtom only the navcore goes in smoothly....
Please help guys, thanks!
greenshare offline

Postby Shaman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Which bootloader does your device have?
Shaman offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm

greenshare wrote:Its the same tomtom my friend

A TT ONE & a Start are the same device?
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Shaman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

@tendriver

Totally agree with you.

This slow update thing is a specific problem for a One 1gb with a bootloader 5.5136

Updating a Start normally goes a lot faster.
Shaman offline

User avatar Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom