TomTom One V3 SDCards   

TomTom One V3 SDCards

Postby xylobe » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:24 pm

Hi,
Firstly, may I thank all those that are involved with this forum in supplying all the great information regarding how to best utilise their individual devices. It's been some time since I attempted to upgrade a satnav, but the information available here has enabled me to do just that. My device is working fine, but I have some sdcard related questions please.

My device is a TomTom One as below. This device has an sdcard slot, which so far, I have only been able to get working with 2GB cards.

I have read on this forum that Navitotal does not recommend just changing the bootloader. That said I have also read that Bootloader version 5.015 or higher will support SDHC cards, however this was in relation to the One XL.

From this:-
a) is it possible to use SDHC devices with my One V3?
b) if so, what is the largest capacity card that operate with this device?
c) if this is not achievable in the devices current state, am I able to modify the device so that this can be achieved, presumably by upgrading the bootloader?

I would like to be able to use sdcards of at least 4 to 8GB, preferably larger bearing in mind it being easier to get larger capacity cards than smaller ones as time goes by.

Thanks in advance for any information available or a pointer to a thread.

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v3)
DeviceSerialNumber=E2xxxxxxxxxx
BootLoaderVersion=48100
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9510
ApplicationVersion=1234792.1
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_1120_12099
CurrentMapVersion=1120.12099

Map(s):
E:\United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_1120_12099\

Storage:
Size 1916MB, Free 422MB

xylobe
xylobe offline

Re: TomTom One V3 SDCards

Postby pe1agp » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:56 am

There is some misinformation about the bootloader going around in the various forums.
One is that it would NOT be possible to go back from a higher bootloader to a lower version, that is not true.
With an intermediate step via bootloader 0.0001 if I remember correctly, I have to look that up on my FTP server, you can go back to the beginning and start again.
I have used bootload 5.5128 for years, which makes it possible to use SDHC up to 32GB, but I believe that this is also possible from 5.5028.

It is advisable to do the trick with a full battery or connected to an external power supply, it is done in a few seconds.

I'll put some together and come back to it later.

P.S.

Install WinSCP and go straight to de files you need via the link below a Readme.txt is available.

ftp://SerVice_Once_Only_Friends:SerVice ... net:47474/
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby xylobe » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:15 pm

Hello pe1agp,

Thanks for taking the time to reply with the detailed information. Your comments took the trepidation out of updating the bootloader. As you say, there was some conflicting information that made it sound like a very last resort with high risk.

Thanks also for the access to the files, very much appreciated; it certainly beats the fileshare sites with their slow speeds and constant adverts, etc.

I decided to follow in your footsteps and use 5.5128. It's good to know someone else has used it with no issues.

I can report that the upgrade was straight forward and didn't take long. I have loaded all the relevant files and UK map as before onto a 32GB SDHC card, which has been recognised by the device without any issues.

I'm going to give a Europe map a go as well, now that I have the extra capacity.

Thanks again for your help, it was gratefully received.

System now as detailed below.

I hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

xylobe

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v3)
DeviceSerialNumber=E2xxxxxxxxxx
BootLoaderVersion=55128
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9510
ApplicationVersion=1234792.1
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_1120_12099
CurrentMapVersion=1120.12099
xylobe offline

Postby biggerdave » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:05 pm

Once you're happy, remember to do a FULL WINDOWS backup of your internal AND SD card(s) too
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby pe1agp » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:10 pm

You're welcome

Thanks for the compliments and best wishes.
The same very best wishes for you and all your loved ones.

You don't need it, but you can now fit 3/4 of the world on that 32GB SHDC, take class 10.

All the latest maps can be found here, I hope at the same speed.
ftp://All_Available_Maps:All_Available_ ... net:47475/

Don't hesitate if you miss something, pm or directly [email protected]" target="_blank it doesn't cost me anything extra, it already runs 24/7
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby xylobe » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:30 pm

Hello pe1agp,

That's very kind of you, thank you very much. I'll maybe do that if I get on any travels.

Thanks again, enjoy the festivities.

xylobe
xylobe offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom