TomTom one question(s)   

TomTom one question(s)

Postby Dell8200 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:50 pm

I am new here, and I have looked at some tutorials. I have put maps on in the past, but it has been a long time so I am re-reading up on things. My main question is I have an old TomTom one, 32 MB Ram, Navcor 8.014, Boot 5.5019, currently with USA_Canada V840.2571.
I want to put on newer USA_Canada map...but it has been so long, and this is an old device, are maps still being made for it? On TT map site, it says the newest map is V9.55??? I have updated but no new Navcor is an option.
Basically, are new maps/Navcor available for it, or am I wasting my time looking?

Thank you.
Dell8200 offline

Re: TomTom one question(s)

Postby tendriver » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Dell8200 wrote:Basically, are new maps/Navcor available for it, or am I wasting my time looking?

Go here : navcores-9-for-tomtom-devices-f124/ Downunder has posted several navcore modified for the older units. 9.510 is the most popular one. With it your map choice is only limited by you usable storage memory.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Dell8200 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Thank you! I am seeing since I am relearning this again...I may look into attempting to put in a memory card slot. Something interesting to try.
Dell8200 offline

Postby beorn » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:14 pm

I am also new here and I also have an old TT One v4, with Navcore 8.010 and Boot 5.5011. I also had USA and Canada, but I changed it to Western Europe (v675.1409) long time ago, and am trying now to update the map. I have seen the version 9.55 in TT website too, and no update for Navcore was suggested.
Let us know if you manage to install the SD slot!

Thanks!
beorn offline

Postby Dell8200 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:20 pm

beorn wrote:...Let us know if you manage to install the SD slot!

Thanks!

If I don't brick it relearning changing Navcor and maps, I will attempt a SD upgrade. I am handy with electronics and soldering. It is old so if I kill it, it is time for a newer model anyway.
Dell8200 offline

Postby Dell8200 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Well, I got Navcor v9.51 put in, got my old map working, and then got TT home to work. Now I need to find a new map that will fit. This is a 32meg device but it shows as a 979meg device when connected to the computer.
Dell8200 offline

Postby beorn » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:41 pm

I would give it a try to the soldering, but if I see it right in the picture, the cables and the soldering points are really small, and I my soldering iron is a bit too big for that. Anyway, I still need to update Navcore and everything... need to find some time for that :-)
beorn offline

Postby Dell8200 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:35 pm

beorn wrote:I would give it a try to the soldering, but if I see it right in the picture, the cables and the soldering points are really small, and I my soldering iron is a bit too big for that. Anyway, I still need to update Navcore and everything... need to find some time for that :-)

If you think the picture looks small, it is enlarged. The actual points on the board are a lot smaller than that. I opened mine up and looked. Not something a general small soldering iron is suited for. Think of a needle for a tip, low watt heat and VERY fine solder and flux.
I FINALLY found USA map that would fit and had meta data, United_States_955_6801. As much of a pain it was just finding one that fit, I will attempt a memory upgrade in a few weeks after a trip I have planned. Either a magnified solder station or bench magnifying glass will be needed for me. My eyes are not what they used to be and a steady hand is required. It will be very easy to accidentally remove a surface mounted component.
Dell8200 offline

Here is what worked for me

Postby Dell8200 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:27 pm

OK. After putting in Navcor 9.51 and getting United_States_955_6801 to fit, with my voices, I took it for a test ride. Damn thing was locking up and/or rebooting on its own. Memory was tight so I figured that was it. I decided to do it from scratch and what I had done would not fit.
I used the SDformat to properly format it. I turned it on with NOTHING on it, and it wasn't happy. Then I connected it to TOMTOM home on my computer and it said it needed to download and install. I did all that. It looks like it TomTom put in Navcor 8.010. Said I did not have any map. I looked at what the current map was to buy and it said United States 955.6801. That is what I downloaded from here. So I copied it back on, AND IT FIT!. I patched the Navcor it downloaded from TT and the map using Fastactivate. It works! And I have memory free. I need to take it for another road test, but it is acting faster than before. Just posting if this can help someone. I did have to put my voices and custom start screen back along with re-entering my favorites.

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE P
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v7)
DeviceSerialNumber=PBxxxxxxxxxx
BootLoaderVersion=10012
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=United_States_955_6801
CurrentMapVersion=955.6801

Map(s):
F:\United_States_955_6801\

Storage: