TomTom ONE v2 problem   

TomTom ONE v2 problem

Postby poffin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:58 am

Hi there,

I have a TomTom ONE v2 (yeah kinda old) GPS system and 2gb SD, with 7.903 navcore version using 875.xxx western europe map.

Now I am trying to update the map, so I got the western europe 1gb 900.4608 with automatic installer(.exe) from this thread http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11432-All-New-Maps-900.XXXX
But unfortunately this didn't work, it would extract to the SD card and everything but in the end when putting the SD card back in, the TomTom wouldn't go further than the splash screen(with the TomTom logo).

I tried updating the navcore using TomTom Home and even that wouldn't show an update for my navcore, so there was no way to update my navcore version using TT Home.

I hope that someone here could help me just to update my map to this 900.xxx version as the map I have right now is very messed up and shows roads upside down sometimes...
So even if it's not possible to update navcore, I would still be happy if I would be able to use these 900.xxx maps.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)
poffin offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Updating the map alone does not that.
Put your backup on and try again ;)
Or use a V9 Nvcore and use a full featured map...
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby poffin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 pm

I have tried putting the backup on again but even with this it wouldn't work. Now I do want to use a full featured map(I guess you mean the 900.4602 maps?) but there is no way for me to update navcore using TT Home as it won't show up any update for my device.

I have also tried manually updating it by extracting these 3 files from this thread http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11143-Navcore-Version-9.465 to my SD card, but at startup the TT wouldn't go further than the splash screen.
poffin offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 pm

1. A backup always works unless it was incomplete.
2. Home won't offer you this Navcore, nor any other than you oldie.
3. Why would you extract those files and for what reason?

I strongly suggest to start reading the tutorials and instructions provided in the Navcore/map threads.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby poffin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Alright, thank you I will try this in a few hours and report back. Also there is something strange with my TomTom, as I try to connect it to my PC using the USB cable, it does show up "Do you want to connect to computer" with Yes and No. So I click "Yes" but then the TomTom just restarts and doesn't show up at all in my PC.

So the only way to do all these things(update navcore, put new map in) for me is to directly put the SD card in the computer, is this possibly the issue or is it no problem whatever method you use: SD card directly in computer or using the USB cable?

Thanks!
poffin offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Press reset, connect to PC, turn on, now it should connect straight away.
Who cares what "card reader" youuse to get the data on the SD ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby poffin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Ok so I just updated the navcore to this one navcore 8.562 and put the Benelux 900.4601 map in the SD card using the automatic installer and patcher (.exe). However now it shows up after the splash screen "You can't use this map with this device "Benelux-666" . What is this supposed to mean? I thought the navcore was updated
poffin offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:55 pm

poffin wrote:Ok so I just updated the navcore to this one navcore 8.562 and put the Benelux 900.4601 map in the SD card using the automatic installer and patcher (.exe). However now it shows up after the splash screen "You can't use this map with this device "Benelux-666" . What is this supposed to mean? I thought the navcore was updated

Carefully read the Download Instructions in post 1 of the All New Maps 900.XXXX thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom