Tomtom One V2 Map Install Problems   

Tomtom One V2 Map Install Problems

Postby kidicarus » Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 am

Hi,
I'm trying to update my old tomtom one, and I have downloaded map pack - United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3259, the automatic install version. It installed ok but when the tomtom restarts it just switches off again after the splash screen.
This is the text from the ttgo.bif file.

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20040301
BootLoaderVersion=10012
LinuxVersion=1000
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=Default GPS version
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=1
CurrentVoiceInfo=Jane
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=

Can anyone tell me where i'm going wrong?

Thanks
kidicarus offline

Postby lemoni » Tue May 03, 2011 10:19 am

kidicarus wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to update my old tomtom one, and I have downloaded map pack - United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3259, the automatic install version. It installed ok but when the tomtom restarts it just switches off again after the splash screen.

1) Delete the file mapsettings.cfg from the map folder
2) Delete the ttgo.bif file
3) Disconnect your device and boot it up. This will create a new ttgo.bif file. Ignore any error message and then power it off
4) Reconnect your device to your computer
5) Download FastActivate Premium Edition and copy it into the root of the device
6) Run FastActivate.exe, clicking on all options in order
TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5250
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby kidicarus » Tue May 03, 2011 10:46 am

lemoni wrote:1) Delete the file mapsettings.cfg from the map folder
3) Disconnect your device and boot it up. This will create a new ttgo.bif file. Ignore any error message and then power it off
5) Download FastActivate Premium Edition and copy it into the root of the device

Tried that, no joy tho, still does the same thing. Thanks anyway
kidicarus offline

Postby lemoni » Tue May 03, 2011 11:03 am

kidicarus wrote:Tried that, no joy tho, still does the same thing. Thanks anyway

If you haven't already done so, delete the map folder(s) completely, copy across the new map and run FastActivate again.

If this fails, first backup everything on your device, then do a clean install by deleting everything on your device, run TomTom HOME and check for updates to get the official navcore from there. Run HOME a few times until you get all the updates, then copy across the map and run FastActivate. This method should be the last resort, but will fix your problem.
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

Postby kidicarus » Tue May 03, 2011 11:12 am

lemoni wrote:If you haven't already done so, delete the map folder(s) completely, copy across the new map and run FastActivate again.

If this fails, first backup everything on your device, then do a clean install by deleting everything on your device, run TomTom HOME and check for updates to get the official navcore from there. Run HOME a few times until you get all the updates, then copy across the map and run FastActivate. This method should be the last resort, but will fix your problem.

That worked! Also I used XP instead of Windows 7, dont know if that makes a difference.
Thanks for your help :D
kidicarus offline

Postby lemoni » Tue May 03, 2011 11:31 am

kidicarus wrote:That worked! Also I used XP instead of Windows 7, dont know if that makes a difference.

Good to hear! Glad you got it working. Enjoy! :)
lemoni offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm

lemoni wrote:1) Delete the file mapsettings.cfg from the map folder

[color="red"]FastActivate Premium is included in the installer.[/color]

lemoni wrote:If you haven't already done so, delete the map folder(s) completely, copy across the new map and run FastActivate again.

All the trouble could have been avoided by patching the Navcore correctly after installing the map.
You missed to ask if the Navcore is correctly patched, and to check if the map is activate check for the .meta.dct file inside the map folder.
But you're getting there...
What counts is the device works now and the user is happy.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby lemoni » Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks Downunder. There are a couple of reasons why I suggested a clean install as a last resort:

1) My point no. 6 was "Run FastActivate.exe, clicking on all options in order". The user replied "Tried that, no joy tho, still does the same thing."

2) The same thing happened to one of the devices I recently tried updating. I double checked and triple checked that everything was patched and the .dct files were created, even though I've performed this countless times before. So after checking everything else first, a clean install fixed the problem for good.

In any case, like you said, the user is happy and everything is working well. Note that it took him just 9 minutes to get it working and reply after my solution, so there was no trouble at all ;)
lemoni offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 03, 2011 3:02 pm

lemoni wrote: 2) Delete the ttgo.bif file

This step is never necessary!!

lemoni wrote:This method should be the last resort, but will fix your problem.

True, but the last resort had not been reached.

kidicarus wrote:That worked! Also I used XP instead of Windows 7, dont know if that makes a difference.

XP instead of Windows 7 does not make any difference.

lemoni wrote:Thanks Downunder. There are a couple of reasons why I suggested a clean install as a last resort:

1) My point no. 6 was "Run FastActivate.exe, clicking on all options in order". The user replied "Tried that, no joy tho, still does the same thing."
In any case, like you said, the user is happy and everything is working well. Note that it took him just 9 minutes to get it working and reply after my solution, so there was no trouble at all ;)

Always Confirm, Confirm, Confirm!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kidicarus » Tue May 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm still having problems trying to use a newer map version, if I use my old map - United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_715_1689, the tomtom starts but wont if I use a new map version, do I have to do anything else to get a new map working?
kidicarus offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 03, 2011 4:15 pm

kidicarus wrote:I'm still having problems trying to use a newer map version, if I use my old map - United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_715_1689, the tomtom starts but wont if I use a new map version, do I have to do anything else to get a new map working?

What about your comment in post 5?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kidicarus » Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

I had the old map version saved on my hard drive and used that to get the tomtom working, if I follow the same method but use a newer version map, it wont boot fully as described in post one.

Ok, I've downloaded and installed a 860_3126 version and that seems to be working ok too, I must have done something wrong with the 865 version.

Thanks to all the helpers, I feel a bit stoopid now :(
kidicarus offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 03, 2011 4:59 pm

kidicarus wrote:Ok, I've downloaded and installed a 860_3126 version and that seems to be working ok too, I must have done something wrong with the 865 version. Thanks to all the helpers, I feel a bit stoopid now

Great. Don't feel stupid. Downloads get corrupted from time to time. 870 maps will be out very soon, so stay with the 860 version till then.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kidicarus » Thu May 05, 2011 10:52 am

Whats the best Navcore for a Tomtom One V2, current navcore is 7903.9183.
Thanks
kidicarus offline

Postby biggerdave » Thu May 05, 2011 3:54 pm

kidicarus wrote:Whats the best Navcore for a Tomtom One V2, current navcore is 7903.9183.
Thanks

The "best" navcore is:- http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5524-What-s-the-best-navcore-for-my-device
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom