Tomtom One - Lost SD card with UK Maps !   

Tomtom One - Lost SD card with UK Maps !

Postby spadders » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi guys,

I hope somebody can help me, I'm desperate to sort this out.
I borrowed my parents tomtom to go on holiday in the summer, it's a tomtom one, new edition (4N00.004.2) and my youngest daughter managed to get a hold of it and lose the SD card with the maps on.
My parents don't have a PC, so it has not been backed up either, so I'm stuffed.

I have a 1GB SD card to replace it, but that's about as far as I've got.
I'm not really in a position to buy new maps for it at the moment, but they're pushing to get it back in working order (which is fair enough really)
Iis there any way I can download a UK & ROI map to use in this device that will work without having the official one? As I believe the maps are coded to the device.
Also, I know nothing about tomtom's, so if there are any step by step tutorials explaining how to do this, that would be great.
I have had a quick look on the forums, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for or where to find it, and have been going around in circles.

Any help or advice that the knowledgable people on this forum could provide, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Dave
spadders offline

Postby PiEtU » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 pm

delete all files from sd-card first and download this:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation
use SE_navcore.8.410.1218_32mb_Devices.rar
extract rar file and run exe and choice your sd-card root to extract

download map here
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2662-All-New-Maps-855.XXXX
use UK & IR 855.2884

copy map directory to sd-card and start your device one time
then shutdown and start again with usb cable and run autoactivate.exe from root directory
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:32 pm

spadders wrote:Hi guys,

I hope somebody can help me, I'm desperate to sort this out.
I borrowed my parents tomtom to go on holiday in the summer, it's a tomtom one, new edition (4N00.004.2) and my youngest daughter managed to get a hold of it and lose the SD card with the maps on.
My parents don't have a PC, so it has not been backed up either, so I'm stuffed.

I have a 1GB SD card to replace it, but that's about as far as I've got.
I'm not really in a position to buy new maps for it at the moment, but they're pushing to get it back in working order (which is fair enough really)
Iis there any way I can download a UK & ROI map to use in this device that will work without having the official one? As I believe the maps are coded to the device.
Also, I know nothing about tomtom's, so if there are any step by step tutorials explaining how to do this, that would be great.
I have had a quick look on the forums, but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for or where to find it, and have been going around in circles.

Any help or advice that the knowledgable people on this forum could provide, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Dave

Download this navcore SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read & follow the instructions carefully.
Download this map: UK & IR 855.2884 & copy it onto the card.
Reboot. DONE!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby spadders » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi guys,

Many, many thanks for the quick response.
I have downloaded the maps without a problem, but when I try to download the navcore I'm getting the following message from easyshare:
There is another download in progress from your IP. Please try to downloading later,
even though I haven't downloaded anything from them.
I tried about a dozen times yesterday, and at least the same again today with the same results.
Are there any other sources I can try for the same navcore?

Thanks again for all of your help so far.

Cheers

Dave
spadders offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:09 pm

spadders wrote:Hi guys,

Many, many thanks for the quick response.
I have downloaded the maps without a problem, but when I try to download the navcore I'm getting the following message from easyshare:
There is another download in progress from your IP. Please try to downloading later,
even though I haven't downloaded anything from them.
I tried about a dozen times yesterday, and at least the same again today with the same results.
Are there any other sources I can try for the same navcore?

Thanks again for all of your help so far.

Cheers

Dave

Whch navcore are you trying to d/l 8.412 or 8.410?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby spadders » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm getting the same whichever one I try
spadders offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:41 pm

spadders wrote:I'm getting the same whichever one I try

My apologies for the inconvenience. There might be an issue with your computer. I had no problem downloading 8.412. I re-uploaded it for you. Same password.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby spadders » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Tendriver,
This link worked fine this time, it's strange because I don't usually have problems like that, anyway solved now.
When you say "same password" do you mean for the download? because it didn't ask me for one. or were you referring to the install?

Anyway, I have the maps and navcore now, I will attempt to follow the instructions, and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for all of your help so far.
spadders offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:09 pm

spadders wrote: When you say "same password" do you mean for the download? because it didn't ask me for one. or were you referring to the install?

The password found here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation is needed to unzip the downloaded .rar file.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby spadders » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 pm

tendriver,

You're an absolute star mate, it's back up and running, although minus voices for some reason,
I can't thank you enough, I just wish I'd found this forum and you guys when this first happened, it would have saved me a hell of a lot of grief.
spadders offline

Postby spadders » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi again,
I have downloaded a couple of voices (Terry Wogan & Lynn Bowles) that don't need anything doing to them, but can't seem to get any sound out of it. I have created a "voices" folder in the root of the sd card and unpacked the rar'd files to it, and they show up on the tomtom, but can't get a peep out of it.
Am I doing something wrong?
spadders offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:23 pm

spadders wrote:Hi again,
I have downloaded a couple of voices (Terry Wogan & Lynn Bowles) that don't need anything doing to them, but can't seem to get any sound out of it. I have created a "voices" folder in the root of the sd card and unpacked the rar'd files to it, and they show up on the tomtom, but can't get a peep out of it.
Am I doing something wrong?

Lynn B worked fine for me. Remove the 3 files of either voice & see if the remaining 1 will test.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom