TomTom One XL loses GPS   

TomTom One XL loses GPS

Postby myktaylor » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi all

I successfully updated my TomTom One XL to a new encore and 1030 maps for florida (after a bit of help from some of the people here) after posting to this thread https://navitotal.com/topic21351.html
I also replaced the old battery as it wouldn't hold a charge and everything seemed fine. Now we're actually in florida and everything seemed peachy (for about an hour) until about 12 miles from our destination when we lost GPS signal for 10 to 15 minutes. Then the GPS would only stay locked on for a minute or two then cut out again. Luckily we had Google maps as a back up! Does anyone know why this might happen? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
myktaylor offline

Re: TomTom One XL loses GPS

Postby Macca-009 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:26 am

According to your original posting, you updated your device to Navcore 9510 and a 1030 series map. What no one told you, was that you should have updated the Navcore to 9541 - which was issued to overcome the effects of the April 2019 GPS Satellite 'clock reset'. The symptoms you describe are exactly those that I have seen on a device that was not using 9541 and in some cases the GPS 'lock' never returns at all.
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby myktaylor » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks for your reply, I'll have to make do with Google until I get home now. Shame because TomTom was doing a great job until it lost signal...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
myktaylor offline

Postby fredderf » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:00 pm

This is a known problem with devices that were affected by the WNRO and there is no permanent solution.

However, you'll notice that it will only do this if it boots up from standby...it will be ok if you do a full reboot of the device by holding the power button down for an extended time

:thread_solved:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom