TomTom One - Installing US Maps   

TomTom One - Installing US Maps

Postby Marvel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey.

I'm trying to help a mate add some .us maps to his tomtom one he has for when he goes on holiday, after downloading the latest maps and activator and transfering them to the tomtom 2gb sd card we installed, I run the activator and patch the map and nav core etc but when I boot the tomtom I just get the message saying no maps.

To make sure I was doing the process correct I cloned the original sd card and transfered it to the new sd. After that I did the same process as above but for the .uk maps which all completed ok and I had the latest maps!

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers
Marvel offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Marvel wrote:Hey.

I'm trying to help a mate add some .us maps to his tomtom one he has for when he goes on holiday, after downloading the latest maps and activator and transfering them to the tomtom 2gb sd card we installed, I run the activator and patch the map and nav core etc but when I boot the tomtom I just get the message saying no maps.

To make sure I was doing the process correct I cloned the original sd card and transfered it to the new sd. After that I did the same process as above but for the .uk maps which all completed ok and I had the latest maps!

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers

To confirm that the US map is patched, look in the US map folder for both a .meta file & a .metadct file.
Are you using the original navcore, the current official ONE navcore or a Pre-patched unofficial navcore?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Marvel » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:22 pm

There is a .meta file and .dct file, I think it's the original navcore. I basically let tomtom home install the latest software to the new sd card. Should I use a navcore from the navcore thread?

Cheers Marvel
Marvel offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Marvel wrote:There is a .meta file and .dct file, I think it's the original navcore. I basically let tomtom home install the latest software to the new sd card. Should I use a navcore from the navcore thread?

Cheers Marvel

Go here: TomTom Current Config for newbies Read the instructions carefully, then download the app. Install the navcore & US map setup that will not work. Run the app & post the results here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Marvel » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:22 am

Hi tendriver, I installed one of the navcores from this site and now the maps will load :). I guess it was the original navcore causing the prob?

Thanks for the help I appreciate it :D

EDIT: when I load TomTom home I get an error notice saying that I have an invalid version of the tomtom application! will this cause any probs?

Cheers M.
Marvel offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Marvel wrote:Hi tendriver, I installed one of the navcores from this site and now the maps will load :). I guess it was the original navcore causing the prob?

Thanks for the help I appreciate it :D

EDIT: when I load TomTom home I get an error notice saying that I have an invalid version of the tomtom application! will this cause any probs?

Cheers M.

You are Welcome.

You have 2 options.
1. Close the error message & use TT Home as you would normally.
2. To fix the version error, follow these instructions EXACTLY!!
Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
Save this change by clicking "File" in the upper left corner of windows explorer, then "Save as" ttgo.bak. At this point, there is only a ttgo.bak file in the root, no ttgo.bif.
Disconnect & reboot. Now you will have a ttgo.bak, a ttgo.bif & a ttgo.ori file in the root & no error message..
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Marvel » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Worked a treat! thanks again mate

Cheers M
Marvel offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Marvel wrote:Worked a treat! thanks again mate

Cheers M

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline