Tomtom one SD Card No MAP?   

Tomtom one SD Card No MAP?

Postby paulmaine » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 am

Hi,

First of all this my first post so excuse me for any errors, I have a old TT One which uses a SD card for maps, I tried to install the latest Map via Navitotal, My first attempt failed because the SD card was to small, I bought a 2GB card and transfered the data (All Worked well with original map etc) Then after installing the newer map it just does'nt get reconized, I've done my daughters newer TT OK, Which I just went into the menu and switched maps, Any Ideas, Many thanks, Paul.
paulmaine offline

Postby gezt » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:04 am

Think the learnered peeps on here will need more info. i.e. which maps and navcore etc also the info about bootloader etc. to find this info just press on the bottom right of screen then version and copy all to your reply. dont copy the unit id number tho.
hope thats right and helps.
gezt offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:53 am

If the bootloader version is below 5.5112 you won't have support for SDHC cards.
In case you want to use a SDHC and your bootloader is too low:
Download this archive:3059
Unpack the file [color="#006400"]system[/color] to the root of your [color="#006400"]old[/color] SD card.
Restart the TT, the new bootloader will be installed and after that the TT starts again.
Now you can use a SDHC card with a copy of your old files with the new map.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:11 pm

gezt wrote:1. Think the learnered peeps on here will need more info. i.e. which maps and navcore etc also the info about bootloader etc.
2.to find this info just press on the bottom right of screen then version and copy all to your reply. dont copy the unit id number tho.

1. Since paulmaine has not indicated that he has changed the navcore & the unit runs with the old map, then the bootloader is not an issue.
2. This doesn't work with a 3 section Status Bar. TomTom Current Config for newbies works well.

Downunder35m wrote:If the bootloader version is below 5.5112 you won't have support for SDHC cards.

paulmaine has a new 2GB card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

paulmaine wrote:Hi,

First of all this my first post so excuse me for any errors, I have a old TT One which uses a SD card for maps, I tried to install the latest Map via Navitotal, My first attempt failed because the SD card was to small, I bought a 2GB card and transfered the data (All Worked well with original map etc) Then after installing the newer map it just does'nt get reconized, I've done my daughters newer TT OK, Which I just went into the menu and switched maps, Any Ideas, Many thanks, Paul.

You need 3 things on the card for it to work.

1. A copy of your device's ttgo.bif file.
2. A pre-patched navcore or the current navcore for your device, that you have patched.
3. A map that is compatible with your navcore & that you have patched. In the folder of your map, look for both a .meta file & a .meta.dct file to confirm that the map was patched correctly.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby paulmaine » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm

gezt wrote:Think the learnered peeps on here will need more info. i.e. which maps and navcore etc also the info about bootloader etc. to find this info just press on the bottom right of screen then version and copy all to your reply. dont copy the unit id number tho.

Many thanks, I've got this imformation below from the ttgo.bif file does this mean that I have the wrong bootloader, Also the card did work it's just the additional map would'nt show, Cheers, Paul

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom Go
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20070718
BootLoaderVersion=530
LinuxVersion=1735
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=6594
ApplicationVersion=7941
UserLanguage=English UK
paulmaine offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 pm

paulmaine wrote:ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=6594 ApplicationVersion=7941

1. Never post your Device Serial # or your DeviceUniqueID.
2. Your problem is your navcore. It is not compatible with any of the current maps.

Go here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read the instructions carefully & follow them exactly. Select

SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY)

3. The bootloader has been removed from this version of 9.205. Download this archive:Bootloader_5.5112.zip suggested by Downunder in post 3. Unpack the file system to the root of your SD card after you have installed 9.205. Add the map to the card & patch it, if it wasn't previously patched.

Put the card in your device and boot it. DO NOT shut the device down while it is booting.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom