TomTom One 3rd Edition - Upgrade   

TomTom One 3rd Edition - Upgrade

Postby mrblonde » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi all. I had a TomTom One 3rd Edition (512mb) UK & Ireland which i was planning on using during a tour of europe this summer. When i tried to install the Western Europe maps i came to realise that the device didn't have enough space so i sold it.

I have since purchased a TomTom One 3rd Edition (1gb) UK & Ireland with a view to installing the latest Western Europe maps on. I have downloaded Western Europe 1GB 850.2783 [918MB] and also the latest Fuel Prices [15.07.10], Postcodes [08.06.10] and Speedcams [15.07.10]. I have yet to install these but was planning to use FastActivate [17.07.10] Premium Edition.

My question is will i need to update the boot, gps and navcore or anything else that i have missed to get all of this working together and what versions should i use ?? All current versions are original and untouched - i want to get the most out of the device. All help appreciated and i appologise if my question seems irrelevant. I value this forum and its members and i would like to thank everyone for getting me this far.
mrblonde offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby PiEtU » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:10 pm

First make FULL backup your Original TomTom files with explorer NOT TomTom HOME (make sure all hidden files copy too)

850.2783 map work your original 8.010 navgore just use FastActivate and patch system and then activate new map
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby mrblonde » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks Pietu, i will follow your advice. My aim is to get the official fuel prices working too which i understand needs navcore 8.2 or higher, not sure if there are any similar requirements for postcodes or speed cameras. I was getting lost with finding the correct latest version of navcore for my device and now im not even sure if i need it. Please advise. Thanks
mrblonde offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby PiEtU » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:36 pm

mrblonde wrote:Thanks Pietu, i will follow your advice. My aim is to get the official fuel prices working too which i understand needs navcore 8.2 or higher, not sure if there are any similar requirements for postcodes or speed cameras. I was getting lost with finding the correct latest version of navcore for my device and now im not even sure if i need it. Please advise. Thanks

I´m not sure about that best way use original now and test....
if fuels not work you must wait TomTom mods is online....

BUT DO NOT FORGET BACKUP
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby djc151084 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:27 pm

mrblonde wrote:Hi all. I had a TomTom One 3rd Edition (512mb) UK & Ireland which i was planning on using during a tour of europe this summer. When i tried to install the Western Europe maps i came to realise that the device didn't have enough space so i sold it.

I have since purchased a TomTom One 3rd Edition (1gb) UK & Ireland with a view to installing the latest Western Europe maps on. I have downloaded Western Europe 1GB 850.2783 [918MB] and also the latest Fuel Prices [15.07.10], Postcodes [08.06.10] and Speedcams [15.07.10]. I have yet to install these but was planning to use FastActivate [17.07.10] Premium Edition.

My question is will i need to update the boot, gps and navcore or anything else that i have missed to get all of this working together and what versions should i use ?? All current versions are original and untouched - i want to get the most out of the device. All help appreciated and i appologise if my question seems irrelevant. I value this forum and its members and i would like to thank everyone for getting me this far.

Ok i reccomend using navcore 8.410 along with the map you have stated above, copy the complete contents of SE_Navcore.8.410.1218.Basicpack.rar to the root of your device overwrigting any common files then copy the contents of SE_ttsystem.8.410.1218.rar also to the root of your device, next copy your map folder to the root of your device , then if you want to use fuel prices and cams copy the appropriate files to the MAP folder, then copy FastActivate to the root of your device and run patch map, then job done ;) if you need more detailed info on any of this please state what.

thanks
djc

mrblonde wrote: My aim is to get the official fuel prices working too which i understand needs navcore 8.2 or higher,

This is correct update to what i have stated and all will be fine ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom