TomTom ONE 3rd Edition hung after choosing language   

TomTom ONE 3rd Edition hung after choosing language

Postby HellBent » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi,
I've been trying to update my TomTom ONE 3rd edition but it continually gets stuck after selecting the language on the screen asking confirmation of language with No or Yes. Pressing either gets no response. It's the same when connecting the device to the PC, the No and Yes don't respond after pressing. I have tried the restoring a backup I hade, clearing the flash (which doesn't seem to) and updating the NavCor version but have had no luck either way. What else can be tried before I relegate this device to the trash??

Regards,
Andrew
HellBent offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Please post the details of the Navcore you used and how you/ve done it.
We can not help without complete infos.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby HellBent » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi,
I've tried to update to 9.101 but when the hanging occurred I thought it was down to the version 9 and the 32MB memory limitation problem. I tried the procedure as described in this thead http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?3557-tomtom-one-3rd-edition-keeps-restarting but had the same issue. I went back to the backup I done which was version 8.010. I used TomTom HOME to control the device and pass the No/Yes prompt that got me stuck. Now I've got the next road block. I´m stuck on the Legal notice screen with the I agree button not responsive when pressed. HOME couldn´t help get by this one. I´ve gone to 8.140 and still the same stuck screen. The thing is, "English UK" was at the bottom of the screen and was selectable. The No/Yes and I agree screens done respond after pressing. And even connecting to the PC the No/Yes don't appear to work. At the very moment when I power on it gives a warning about no voices being available with the Continue button at the bottom of the screen. Pressing Continue goes to the Legal notice screen where I am now stuck.
HellBent offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 pm

It seems you got two problems at the same time, one being a unresponsive touch panel.
If a different Navcore shows the same problem than I would say the Navcore is not the cause.
Testing the whole screen on a different TT would be one option, the other to check the connectors for display and touch panel.
If all good I suspect the panel to be faulty.
A new one costs only a few bukcs on Ebay and can be replaced within one hour if your careful.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby HellBent » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I've spent some time checking the calibration of the device. When testing the Y-axis numbers I do see some effect. However when testing the X-axis I see no result with only the left side icons (and volume) responsive. If I flip the positions of the X axis min/max numbers then only the right side of the screen works. So it looks like this device is pretty much had its day.

- Andrew
HellBent offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:07 am

HellBent wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the response. I've spent some time checking the calibration of the device. When testing the Y-axis numbers I do see some effect. However when testing the X-axis I see no result with only the left side icons (and volume) responsive. If I flip the positions of the X axis min/max numbers then only the right side of the screen works. So it looks like this device is pretty much had its day.

- Andrew

Before you toss this unit, go here: TomTom Current Config for newbies Read the instructions, then download & run the app. Post the results in this thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby HellBent » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Results:
TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
BootLoaderVersion=55244
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7166
ApplicationVersion=8497
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

HB
HellBent offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 am

HellBent wrote:ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7166

The current navcore for your unit is 7.903. I suggest you update to it. If the problem is still present, then it might be decision time.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby HellBent » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:07 pm

That seems to have brought it back to life! But how is it that other newer navcores are running on this model? My "update" has unexpectedly taken me back one navcore version.

HB
HellBent offline

Postby tbone » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Higher numbered navcores are not necessarily "newer". Look at the birthdate. TT uses a numbering system for the navcore loads that are product-oriented, not "upgrade" or date oriented.
tbone offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 pm

HellBent wrote:That seems to have brought it back to life! But how is it that other newer navcores are running on this model? My "update" has unexpectedly taken me back one navcore version.

HB

TT Home updates navcores incrementally. Run TT Home "Update my device" again. If there is a newer version, TT Home will tell you.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom