TomTom ONE V3 (3rd edition) Blank... no data, can it be save   

TomTom ONE V3 (3rd edition) Blank... no data, can it be save

Postby underworld1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 am

Right I have a TomTom ONE 3rd Edition (V3) That lost it's post codes and had a map that was REALLY out of date, trying to fix it I wiped the unit BEFORE backing it up :(

Is there anyway to fix this?

I've seen thispost but I'm rubbish with computers and messed up somewhere.

I have the SE Navcore 8.412.1236 and UK AND ROI 880.3868, both have the exe auto install programs so I was hoping to click it wait and be done.
On starting the tomtom I get the message YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE

Can someone please tell me from the beginning what to do to get this thing working? I know it's a big ask but I'm so stuck :(

I'd really need links too as I'm getting bogged down with too many tabs open and too many confusing map options!

I just want the UK map as up to date as possible and this thing to work, doesn't need to have camera data or work with HOME

Any help would be great as I'm so stuck!
underworld1 offline

Postby underworld1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 pm

I worked it out myself :) whilst waiting for this post to be accepted by the mods, I worked it out... the solution for anyone that stumbles upon this post.

Firstly the navcore is basically like the OS of a computer, this was installed by downloading SE Navcore 8.412.1236 from this site.

Secondly I downloaded the map I needed, in this case UK AND ROI 880.3868, once this had downloaded I ran the exe file for the navcore and waited, this took ages and the computer kept freezing the copying application, I think this was due to the speed of the write on the memory of the TomTom ONE V3

Once the navcore software was run, I ran the map software and again waited, now a BIG issue I had was the map was automatically put one level too deep, so the autorun software would not crack the map, so firstly map was not shown and secondly the map wasn't patched.
Once I'd moved the folder out of the folder and onto the top level, it was just a case of running the autopatch tool again, which in this case was already stored on the root of the TomTom.

BINGO! all working!
I downloaded the computer voice that I wanted and now It even reads out the road names! So it's even better than before!

Hope my struggle helps someone and It's a great forum you have here :)
underworld1 offline

Postby bheart » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

[quote="underworld1"]I worked it out myself :) whilst waiting for this post to be accepted by the mods, I worked it out... the solution for anyone that stumbles upon this post.

Firstly the navcore is basically like the OS of a computer, this was installed by downloading SE Navcore 8.412.1236 from this site.

Secondly I downloaded the map I needed, in this case UK AND ROI 880.3868, once this had downloaded I ran the exe file for the navcore and waited, this took ages and the computer kept freezing the copying application, I think this was due to the speed of the write on the memory of the TomTom ONE V3

Once the navcore software was run, I ran the map software and again waited, now a BIG issue I had was the map was automatically put one level too deep, so the autorun software would not crack the map, so firstly map was not shown and secondly the map wasn't patched.
Once I'd moved the folder out of the folder and onto the top level, it was just a case of running the autopatch tool again, which in this case was already stored on the root of the TomTom.

BINGO! all working!
I downloaded the computer voice that I wanted and now It even reads out the road names! So it's even better than before!

Hi underworld1

Your situation with the ONE 3RD Edition is very similar to mine but I download the UK & ROI 880 3810 with the same navcore that you used. It appears to be working well but I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer for me?

1. Is with regard to the device 'reading out street names', is there an option in the device menu for this? If so, what part of the menu can I find it in?

I've enabled show street names but don't see any options to enable 'read out street names'.

2. Is with reference to the safety camera's and, again, in the menu I don't see any speed cam options to enable/disable/warn/report and choose which types of speed cams you want to be warned about.

Nor do I see any options to increase the amount of 'seconds' that your device can warn you of approaching speed cams. Do you have this option on your ONE 3RD ED and, if so, where in the menu can I find it?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:22 pm

bheart wrote:1. Is with regard to the device 'reading out street names', is there an option in the device menu for this? If so, what part of the menu can I find it in?

I've enabled show street names but don't see any options to enable 'read out street names'.

2. Is with reference to the safety camera's and, again, in the menu I don't see any speed cam options to enable/disable/warn/report and choose which types of speed cams you want to be warned about.

Nor do I see any options to increase the amount of 'seconds' that your device can warn you of approaching speed cams. Do you have this option on your ONE 3RD ED and, if so, where in the menu can I find it?

1. What computer voice are you trying to use?

2. Try Main Menu, TomTom Services.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby underworld1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:26 pm

I downloaded the computer voice SERENA from somewhere, unfortunately I'm not sure where, I had so many tabs open at the time and I can't retrace my steps.

I think I got them from here

You enable the voice by pressing change voice, select SERENA and then go to speech preferences, so you can turn on the road name readings.

There are no options for speed camera warnings but I didn't add any speed camera information as I drive through central London a lot and get annoyed at the amount of times it goes off and no longer listen to it.

I had to add postcodes too, found a file called zip that I added to the root of the TomTom and that works now too.

I hope this helps, sorry I can't be of more help
underworld1 offline

Postby bheart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 am

tendriver wrote:1. What computer voice are you trying to use?

2. Try Main Menu, TomTom Services.

Hi tendriver

Thank you for your reply.

I was using the default "Jane" voice but I gather that we need to use a computer voice (?) as stated by underworld1 above and he included a link but when I followed the link (below), I got 'file not found'.

[Please Register or Login to download file] | 0.00 MB

Can you please give me a link where I can download "Serena" from?
(UPDATE! Now have Serena and just need to know how to add it to my voices folder)?

I'm also not sure about whether I need vocaliser tts, vocaliser6 etc, can you advise please?

With regard to the Tomtom SpeedCams, I don't know why I have no 'speed cam' options but I've already looked in the "MAIN" Menu which has three pages and all I can see is 'TomTom Traffic'. Can you advise please?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:49 am

You need a VocalizerTTS voice, which is what Serena is. Create a folder in the root of your device. Name it VocalizerTTS. Copy the Serena files into it.

English (British) Female - Serena > Click

I'm working on a speedcam answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bheart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:24 pm

tendriver wrote:You need a VocalizerTTS voice, which is what Serena is. Create a folder in the root of your device. Name it VocalizerTTS. Copy the Serena files into it.

English (British) Female - Serena > Click

I'm working on a speedcam answer.

Hi tendriver

Many thanks for your response.

Ok on the procedure for using "Serena", will get on that right now.

UPDATE! Serena computer voice working fine and, although street names are understandable, Serena has a little trouble saying some street names.

Will check back for 'speedcam' answer later.

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:25 pm

bheart wrote:Will check back for 'speedcam' answer later.

Do you have navcore 8.412 loaded? Is there a config folder in the root of your unit? If so, what files are in it? If no, is there a Setconfig.txt file in the root. If so, open it with notepad & post the contents.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bheart » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:40 pm

tendriver wrote:Do you have navcore 8.412 loaded? Is there a config folder in the root of your unit? If so, what files are in it? If no, is there a Setconfig.txt file in the root. If so, open it with notepad & post the contents.

Hi tendriver

Thank you for your latest response.

I am updating my TomTom 30 IQR Device at the moment and, with regard to questions above, I will get back to you tomorrow when I reconnect my ONE 3RD Edition.

UPDATE 24th November @ 16:30

Ok, I've just connected my ONE 3RD Edition to my notebook again and checked the contents of the device using 'my computer' and, I don't see any folder called "config".

You also asked if I had a "Setconfig.txt" file, after checking, I don't see that file either.

What I have is a file called "gprscom.conf" and the file type is described as "Conf file".

There is also a folder called "Text" and once opened, it shows:

"Current Emulation: x40 BT: 1TTS: on Run in Save RAM Mode Cleaning disabled"

So I'm guessing that something is not quite right here?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:54 pm

bheart wrote:You also asked if I had a "Setconfig.txt" file, after checking, I don't see that file either.

Attached is a setconfig.txt file. Copy it to the root of your device. Reboot & check for a speedcam control icon.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bheart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 pm

tendriver wrote:Attached is a setconfig.txt file. Copy it to the root of your device. Reboot & check for a speedcam control icon.

Hi tendriver

Thanks for your latest reply.

I'm not familiar with attachments in these forums so I am not seeing the "setconfig.txt file" attachment you mentioned.

Perhaps my antivirus program has intercepted it?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 pm

bheart wrote:Hi tendriver

Thanks for your latest reply.

I'm not familiar with attachments in these forums so I am not seeing the "setconfig.txt file" attachment you mentioned.

Perhaps my antivirus program has intercepted it?

Regards, BHeart

See the bottom of post 11.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom