TomTom One 2nd edition   

TomTom One 2nd edition

Postby ray671984 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Hello all

I am new round here and all so very stuck lol my brother inlaw has giving me his satnav to fix i dont know what he has done but there is nothing on the sd card and no map all what comes up is a blue sd card sign with two hands on it with a red x a cross it nothing more else happends. Can someone please help me get this up and running again many thanks
ray671984 offline

Re: TomTom One 2nd edition

Postby pe1agp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 am

Here is an already old manual how to start from nothing.
7 simple steps to update your device with the latest map

To update your device with the latest map, follow these simple steps:

1) VERY IMPORTANT: Connect your device to your computer via USB.
Using Windows Explorer, open your TomTom drive and backup the complete contents of your TomTom.

#1 Is not very important for you I think, you did already ?

2) Check your navcore version.
You can do this either on the device menu under Version Info, or you can check the navcore version in TomTom Home
when the device is connected to your computer, or by opening the ttgo.bif file with notepad.

#2 As you wrote already there is nothing on the SD card, after a reset and start there must be at least the ttgo.bif file, very important
you need it for sure to do any patch, Navcore 9.510 for 32mb devices must be the best.

3) Check which map is compatible with your navcore using the latest compatibility chart.

#3 With Navcore 9.510 all maps which will fit your system, sure when you have an SD card, with the right Bootloader
you must be able to us SDHC cards Class 10 up till 32gb, no problem to store the whole world on this device.
Updating your Bootlaoder is another problem, but sure not impossible.

4) Delete the old map folder.

#4 Someone did already for you ?

5) Extract the map using WinRaR or similar.
Copy across the new map folder into the root of the device.
Make sure when you open the map folder it only contains the map files, not another folder within a folder.

# 5 Getting the right map is maybe the worst problem for you, but let us know when you're unable to find one.
the root is the root of the SD card in this case.

6) Download the latest version of FastActivate
Extract the file and copy across FastActivate.exe to the TomTom drive (the root of the device).

#6 Here the same, the root is for you the SD card

7) Run FastActivate.exe from the TomTom drive, clicking on the first 3 options in order, waiting for each to complete:
Update meta, patch maps, patch navcore.

Do you have any further questions, don't hesitate and just ask.
Last edited by pe1agp on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby ray671984 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 am

Hello i have just sent you a email i am at a loss over it as i cant even get it to connect to tomtom home just says device not connected yet i can view the sd card via going into my computer but there is zero files its some how been wiped clean. :thumbdown:
ray671984 offline

Postby ray671984 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm

To the above poster even tho i have said thanks in my email's i can not thank you enough mate for what you have done for me from starting with a satnav that i would of just said bin it to bringing it back to life again many many thanks to you sir :023:
ray671984 offline

Postby pe1agp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

You're welcome
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby fredderf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 pm

It's nice to hear that it's been fixed but the problem is anyone referring back to this thread in the future will have no idea how to do it themselves

This is the reason we don't help members through PM...
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby pe1agp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Read my post above, it's not the best manual but just to start.
In my opinion there is no manual which solve all problems, sure not for a starter.
Most problems are so special for each person that it would fill the whole forum, not very interesting for other users.
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby ray671984 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:13 pm

pe1agp wrote:Read my post above, it's not the best manual but just to start.
In my opinion there is no manual which solve all problems, sure not for a starter.
Most problems are so special for each person that it would fill the whole forum, not very interesting for other users.

i 100% agree this was not a simple fix and would of just filled up a thread that might not of been any help to others but myself as all problems can be different it all ended well thanks to the help of pe1agp i am sure if somone has the same issue as me he would be more then happy to help others. :023:
ray671984 offline

Postby holyhead » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm

I really wundering what was not an simple fix and of course pe1agp should help an other to.
That is not the point also more experient user can learn from it.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby pe1agp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Finding the right stuff maybe for instance ?

By the way, I din't find any manual here how to start from nothing.
Are they lost ?
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby fredderf » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Whatever someone's opinion might be...it is in the rules of Navitotal and as such should be respected

Capo wrote:Forum rules

Welcome to NaviTotal - your forum for all your GPS needs.

Like anywhere else, Navitotal has some rules, please take the time to read them...

7. Postings and threads

Before you start a new thread or make a new posting about your problem, please use the search function in the forum to check if your problem has already been discussed or even solved.
When a moderator finds a posting that has already been discussed/solved, he can delete it without further notice.
Before you make a post, check for the right and logical section that best fits your issue.
Some areas won't allow you post there. Simply post in the 'General Discussion' section of that sub-forum. A moderator will move your post to the correct forum section.
Sometimes it might be a good idea to send a PM to a mod, if you have posted something special but don't request support by PM as it denies others the chance to learn.
If you think your postings are not being answered soon enough, be patient. The team members are volunteers, who have lives outside the forum. The team tries to answer all postings within 24 hours.
Know that the Navitotal team and the Forum users appreciate your contributions and help!
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby holyhead » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm

pe1agp wrote:Finding the right stuff maybe for instance ?

Are they lost ?

I suppose navcore etc
And there is no manual how to start from nothing but you said it yourself most problems are so special for each person.
Most time the problem is that members are not reading properly and following their own mind.
So I still don,t understand what was not a simple fix so ray671984 said.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby pe1agp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 pm

You must know already ?
Read above
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby ray671984 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:42 am

holyhead wrote:

Are they lost ?

I suppose navcore etc
And there is no manual how to start from nothing but you said it yourself most problems are so special for each person.
Most time the problem is that members are not reading properly and following their own mind.

i read the forum to try and find the info i needed to bring the satnav alive again myself but failed to find anything that could help me on my own the satnav was a sitting duck! if it was not for pe1agp taken his time to try and help me resolve the issues it would of gone in the bin simple as there was no maps etc or system files on the sd card it would not even connect to my computer. i feel people are trying to give him a hard time becouse he has helped me away from my thread if anything he needs a pat on the back and a job well done not to be judged for his actions he took. yes i understand that its good to share info but i cant see what we done would be helpful to others apart from clogging up a thread. I own my own satnav and i have never ever came across this issue with mine where it has 100% wiped it self clean.
ray671984 offline

Postby holyhead » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:25 am

ray671984 wrote:
holyhead wrote:

Are they lost ?

I suppose navcore etc

You said
yes i understand that its good to share info but i cant see what we done would be helpful to others apart from clogging up a thread.

How can you know that because I don,t know what is been done? And nobody is giving pe1agp a hard time.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom