TomTom XL+mobile cameras not showing   

TomTom XL+mobile cameras not showing

Postby Bowz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi,
I've recently purchased a TomTom Xl (serial number starts GL), downloaded the latest Safety Cam UK Premium files from this site to the map folder, patched the navcore, Map, safety cams & Home. My problem is that mobile cameras are not showing - all other fixed ones are. The only option in XL is to enable or disable safety alerts and I've tried toggling them then rebooting with no joy. I've trawled the internet but can't find a suitable solution, any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Bowz
Bowz offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 am

Please run TomTom Current Configuration {29.09.2011} Post the results here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Bowz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:16 am

Results are:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom XL
DeviceVersionHW=XL
BootLoaderVersion=55274
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
ApplicationVersion=1074274.2
CurrentMap=Europe_West_895_4438
CurrentMapVersion=895.4438

Thanks

Bowz
Bowz offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Bowz wrote:Results are:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom XL
DeviceVersionHW=XL
BootLoaderVersion=55274
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
ApplicationVersion=1074274.2
CurrentMap=Europe_West_895_4438
CurrentMapVersion=895.4438

Thanks

Bowz

Were 9.465 & 895.4438 already on the XL when you bought it?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Bowz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 am

No, navcore was update by tom tom home, map was downloaded from here. Tried going back to original configuration and no difference, mobile cameras still dont show

Thanks
Bowz offline

Postby Bowz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 am

Think I may have stumbled upon something after reading another one of your threads http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10787-mobile-speed-cams .

It would appear i have the same symptoms, so i installed an earlier larger version of the premium speedcams and now they are working OK. I think Tom Tom have drastically reduced the number of speedcams and thats why they werent showing in my demo route even though I know the mobile camera is still regularly there on the route, is this because they are trying to push people down the road of live updates (even though my Xl isnt capable of them!!)????

Thanks for your help
Bowz offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Bowz wrote:Think I may have stumbled upon something after reading another one of your threads .

It would appear i have the same symptoms,
1. so i installed an earlier larger version of the premium speedcams and now they are working OK. I think Tom Tom have drastically reduced the number of speedcams and thats why they werent showing in my demo route even though I know the mobile camera is still regularly there on the route,
2. is this because they are trying to push people down the road of live updates (even though my Xl isnt capable of them!!)????

Thanks for your help

1. Mobile = Here today, gone tomorrow!! The older a Premium file gets, the less mobile cam validity it has.
2. No TomTom is just publishing what is available.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:04 pm

If I might add something to that:
I was always annoyed by the fact that in AU and my area the TT cam files included a lot of "trash" - cams that never existed or plain security cams listed as speed cams as well as red light cams in areas where according to local residents never ever a speedcam was installed.
Since the 880 maps these false alarms have gone down quite drastically to an extend where now a lot of old cam sites are missing in the files.
Even without being able to actually check the contents of the cam files it is quite obvious that for quite some time the TT cams are messed up for many areas.
After further checking in the TT forums I noticed that with the new Live devices TT changed from offical cam data to validated/reported data from those Live divices.
Compared to some of the available third party cam files the amount of actual "POI's" for cams differs quite badly between TT and others - and that is just by plain file size!
I personally went back to cam file from 2009 as it still has all the cams in my area, where the actual files miss over 50% of them!
New features and warnings might have been added, but of what use it that to a speeding petrol head if the cams files are becoming more and more unreliable? ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dieselman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Bowz wrote:Think I may have stumbled upon something after reading another one of your threads http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10787-mobile-speed-cams .

It would appear i have the same symptoms, so i installed an earlier larger version of the premium speedcams and now they are working OK. I think Tom Tom have drastically reduced the number of speedcams and thats why they werent showing in my demo route even though I know the mobile camera is still regularly there on the route, is this because they are trying to push people down the road of live updates (even though my Xl isnt capable of them!!)????

Thanks for your help

i'm using the larger premium ov2 file for the same reason.the latest one of this size i can find is dated 30-08-2012
dieselman offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom