TomTom XL map compatibility   

TomTom XL map compatibility

Postby reineken » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:48 am

Hello.

For the last three days I have been struggling with updating my map on my TomTom XL. I have a pretty old one model: (4ET0.002.08) which is currently have 950 series map and OS: 9.541. Looking by the map compatibility charts, it should be able to run 1115 maps, but I have no luck with running them, I have tried two, both gives me Error, that the map could not run on this device so, can somebody please give me the information, which are the newest maps, that can run on my device ? Because I don't think that it is all about the version of OS like it is shown in the map compatibility pictures.

Thank you. :)
reineken offline

Re: TomTom XL map compatibility

Postby biggerdave » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:30 am

There are 2 options for your NAV2 device running 9.541 navcore (both requiring some searching/reading):-
1) you can still use any v1110 map released in May-23 (which was the last version that we have meta codes for which are necessary to activate the maps)
2) you can possibly use the latest v1115 NAV3 map released Aug-23 IF there's a meta for it

Suggested reading
tutorials/
tomtom-tools/
maps-v1xxx/
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Re: TomTom XL map compatibility

Postby reineken » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:56 am

biggerdave wrote:There are 2 options for your NAV2 device running 9.541 navcore (both requiring some searching/reading):-
1) you can still use any v1110 map released in May-23 (which was the last version that we have meta codes for which are necessary to activate the maps)
2) you can possibly use the latest v1115 NAV3 map released Aug-23 IF there's a meta for it

Suggested reading
tutorials/
tomtom-tools/
maps-v1xxx/

Thank You. Tried v1110 map and it is working fine :)
reineken offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom