Tomtom Lunix Hack   

Tomtom Lunix Hack

Postby funkoligy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm

As you are all well aware the new Tomtom models (Via Start Go) are now using lunix system so windows cannot read the root menu anymore to update Maps. Hence this leads me to forming this post. All info or ideas and most of all any budding programmers that need the urge to solve this issue please feel free to join in. For 2 years now no one has solved this issue. Lets get together people.:pray:
funkoligy offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 pm

We already have an info thread for the new TT models...
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

funkoligy wrote:For 2 years now no one has solved this issue. Lets get together people.

Please tell me that this is a joke!! no one includes some of the best hackers in the world!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby gezt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Please tell me that this is a joke!! no one includes some of the best hackers in the world!!!
NT

sorry you guys but someone whose has a full 2 posts to his credit is bound to know more than you:chok_mini:, think you should make him admin or something ,just to show how good he is.:thumbup:
Gez
Always said I'm slow on this computer stuff, but give me a 60s pinball machine and i will give you 1,000,000 points
gezt offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby esko.jukic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm

And "Lunix" is some new OS :)
esko.jukic offline

Postby funkoligy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 am

@ Gezt, The amount of posts should not count as to my experience or lack of it with gps sat navs. None the less the issues are still there and no one has resolved it. Any help would be great.
funkoligy offline

Postby gezt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

I agree with you funkoligy, but if you have read posts on this forum and looked at the replies/help/knowledge that the mods dish out then you would know that these guys are the best on the net. On another forum there was a bit of bother and these guys came here and opened this forum, I tracked them down and joined this forum and it's the only gps forum i use, that's cos these guys are so good.
Don't you think they are not trying to hack the linux?
OK so as a new member you have been "told".;)
It is obvious you know what your talking about and hopefully you are going to be a great asset to this forum, come in and join just a little less quieter and prove you worth with your knowledge.That would/will go down better than your 2nd post on here.
I hope you have a long stay with us and enjoy this place.
Saying all that i am in no way a techie sort of person, i just learn from mods/admin and people like you.
WELCOME TO THIS FORUM :)
Gez
Always said I'm slow on this computer stuff, but give me a 60s pinball machine and i will give you 1,000,000 points
gezt offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:54 pm

If hacking the TT system would be so easy websites with programs like tripmaster, ttmaps and so on would not be in a fight with TT to release the developer sources.
As you might know reverse engeneering can work to understand a program, but to compile the code in a working way you need sources for the code.
And this not only true for TT, only Igo/Primo offers "skins" , all other programs are the way they are produced.

TT would only need two Navcores, one for Truck and one for all other devices.
The fact that almost every Navcore contains the suitable code to support other devices makes it clear that TT is only playing marketing games.

If you want to provide useful data and/or a new navcore for the new devices all you need is to get to the private key.
With that you can modify the install package the way you like, patch all necessary files and create a new vaild installer.
But you might have already guessed that cracking a 1024 bit RSA code based on an unknown Hash algorithm and no knowledge which files need the code can be a bit time consuming....
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby funkoligy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 pm

@ Downunder35m you have more knowledge then me I will say. But to simplify it Lunix is a open source operating system so therefor not many ppl using it like windows hence the lack of hacks or cracks for these gps units like tomtom all im trying to do here is keep the problem and issue alive and hope that someone can make a program that will read a lunix tomtom root menu on a windows operating system and even do there is a lot of programmers working on lunix and windows there does not seem to be interaction with both sides. I hope you understand where im going with this?
funkoligy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:42 pm

It's not as simple as mounting an ext file system drive in Linux, I'm sure that was one of the first things tried.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby funkoligy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 pm

@Fatboyfun .I agree as I have tried this and a few other suggestions. Thanks we will live in hope:)
funkoligy offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 pm

@ funkoligy,

Without seeming ungrateful, your thread equates to a guy telling a Fire Brigade that has been fighting a huge fire for hours, that they need to get together & put the fire out!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby funkoligy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Ok ok sorry im not trying to be smart or rude . Ill wait and thanks.
funkoligy offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 pm

funkoligy wrote:all im trying to do here is keep the problem and issue alive

Trust me, you do not have to worry about keeping the problem and issue alive!!!

funkoligy wrote:Ok ok sorry im not trying to be smart or rude .

I don't think that you are trying to be smart or rude.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 am

I posted threads in all forums that I can speak the language and that I considered to have some good users.
So far not a single "hack" or useful way of accessing was found.
I and several other people know how to get to the files in the installers, how to modify them or even patch the Navcore.
But unless someone is able to overcome the encryption or eneable direct access to the device nothing will happen ;)
If someone wants to help, all he has to do is find the SHA and Hash codes, get to the private key or create a tool that creates a new installer with matching codes. ;)
Don't be shy, it is only a normal Hash code with a 1024 bit RSA encryption, a good Linux cluster can get the codes in a few hours....
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom