*** TomTom 30 IQR "SERENA Vocalizer Voice" problem after upd   

*** TomTom 30 IQR "SERENA Vocalizer Voice" problem after upd

Postby bheart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi

I have just wiped and updated my TomTom 30 IQR Device with the latest UK & ROI 880 3810 map and the 'original navcore' which was downloaded through TomTom Home and was patched using 'fast activate'. Now, for some unknown reason, I'm having some issues with a 'vocalizertts' voice (Serena) which does not show on the device after patching - read below.

As I stated above, I have been updating my TomTom 30 IQR and I completely wiped it and then connected to TT Home and 'auto downloaded' the original TT NavCore which was v9.053 (the device restarted after that) and then installed UK & ROI Map 880 3810 (downloaded from here), speedcams and "Serena" VocalizerTTS. I created a folder with that name in the root of the device and then extracted the contents of the Serena .rar file to that folder.

After that I used 'fast activate' to update the meta file, patched the map, then speedcams/voices and patched the TomTom Navcore 9.053 version and all this was shown as being successful but, after restarting the device, I went in to change the voice to "Serena" but it was not shown in the list. Any ideas why?

Do I need to use a different or later 'navcore' for "Serena" to work and if so, can you advise which one? If so, I'd like to use a 9.xxxx NC if possible - my TT 30 IQR ha no 'bells and whistles' like bluetooth so I'd like a late navcore which would give me all the options that I should be getting without leaving other options that I can't use.

Also when I had the 880 3810 map on my ONE 3RD Edition with NavCore 8.41x, in the 'main menu' I had 3 different screens and in 'preferences' I had 8 screens but, using navcore 9.053, I only have 2 main screens and 6 preference screens with no voice options for getting Serena to read aloud street names etc.

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 pm

bheart wrote:Hi

I have just wiped and updated my TomTom 30 IQR Device with the latest UK & ROI 880 3810 map and the 'original navcore' which was downloaded through TomTom Home and was patched using 'fast activate'. Now, for some unknown reason, I'm having some issues with a 'vocalizertts' voice (Serena) which does not show on the device after patching - read below.

As I stated above, I have been updating my TomTom 30 IQR and I completely wiped it and then connected to TT Home and 'auto downloaded' the original TT NavCore which was v9.053 (the device restarted after that) and then installed UK & ROI Map 880 3810 (downloaded from here), speedcams and
1. "Serena" VocalizerTTS. I created a folder with that name in the root of the device and then extracted the contents of the Serena .rar file to that folder.

After that I used 'fast activate' to update the meta file, patched the map, then speedcams/voices and patched the TomTom Navcore 9.053 version and all this was shown as being successful but, after restarting the device, I went in to change the voice to "Serena" but it was not shown in the list. Any ideas why?

2. Do I need to use a different or later 'navcore' for "Serena" to work and if so, can you advise which one? If so, I'd like to use a 9.xxxx NC if possible - my TT 30 IQR ha no 'bells and whistles' like bluetooth so I'd like a late navcore which would give me all the options that I should be getting without leaving other options that I can't use.

3. Also when I had the 880 3810 map on my ONE 3RD Edition with NavCore 8.41x, in the 'main menu' I had 3 different screens and in 'preferences' I had 8 screens but, using navcore 9.053, I only have 2 main screens and 6 preference screens with no voice options for getting Serena to read aloud street names etc.

Regards, BHeart

1. Confirm this folder is named VocalizerTTS & not "Serena" VocalizerTTS.

2. No.

3. 9.053 is used be many units, some of which have a simple 2 button Main Menu. That is what you are seeing.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bheart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:51 pm

tendriver wrote:1. Confirm this folder is named VocalizerTTS & not "Serena" VocalizerTTS.

2. No.

3. 9.053 is used be many units, some of which have a simple 2 button Main Menu. That is what you are seeing.

Hi tendriver

Thank you for your response.

1. Yes the folder is named VocalizerTTS - I only put 'Serena' before the folder name to show which computer voice I had chosen.

2. Ok, that's fine. I don't want any other options that my device does not support. i.e. Bluetooth.

3. NC 9.053 is the NC that the device came with and after I completely wiped it and connected to TomTom Home, NC 9.053 was the navcore that was auto downloaded and installed.

"Serena" works fine on my TomTom ONE 1st Edition and reads out aloud street names (with NC 8.41xx which has menu options to enable street names to be read out), so I'm baffled as to why 'Serena' is not in the list of voices, why there are no such options on my TomTom 30 IQR and, despite the fact that I have the VocalizerTTS in the root of the device, why the voice will not work?

Is it possible to get "Serena" working on my TT30 IQR?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 pm

bheart wrote:3. NC 9.053 is the NC that the device came with and after I completely wiped it and connected to TomTom Home, NC 9.053 was the navcore that was auto downloaded and installed.

I undestand. I'm just explaining to you, that this navcore is used on 16 different TT models. You are seeing the 2 button version.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bheart » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

tendriver wrote:I undestand. I'm just explaining to you, that this navcore is used on 16 different TT models. You are seeing the 2 button version.

Hi tendriver

Many thanks for your help with this issue and for taking the time to explain how the navcores are used.

Ok, so nc 9.053 is used on 16 different TT models and I am
using the 2 button version. So is it possible for me to get a 3 button version that will give me options and the preferences I need to be able to get Serena working?

Or is it simple case of me not ever being able to use Serena on my TT 30 IQR?

Regards, BHeart
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:03 pm

bheart wrote:Hi tendriver

Many thanks for your help with this issue and for taking the time to explain how the navcores are used.

Ok, so nc 9.053 is used on 16 different TT models and I am
using the 2 button version. So is it possible for me to get a 3 button version that will give me options and the preferences I need to be able to get Serena working?

Or is it simple case of me not ever being able to use Serena on my TT 30 IQR?

Regards, BHeart

Download & install this pre-patched 9.053 ttsystem & PNDNavigator.rar Overwrite the existing file.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Copy the attached setconfig.txt to the root. Reboot & test.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom