Tomtom Home 2.7 can't use "Operate my Go"   

Tomtom Home 2.7 can't use "Operate my Go"

Postby Ken>> » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 pm

In Tomtom Home version 2.7 when I click on "Operate my Go" I get this message.

It's a Tomtom Go 910 and I've just installed Navcore 8.395 and the map "Europe_TRUCK_855_2926" which seems to be working fine, the PC is running Windows 7 x64.

Is there any way of making Tomtom Home work right ?

Thanks for taking the trouble to read :thumbup:
Ken>> offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Ken>> wrote:In Tomtom Home version 2.7 when I click on "Operate my Go" I get this message.

It's a Tomtom Go 910 and I've just installed Navcore 8.395 and the map "Europe_TRUCK_855_2926" which seems to be working fine, the PC is running Windows 7 x64.

Is there any way of making Tomtom Home work right ?

Thanks for taking the trouble to read :thumbup:

As you know, 8.395 is a WORK navcore. It is not compatible with TT Home. Try this fix for another TT Home issue.

Open the 910 ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
"Save as" ttgo.bak
Disconnect & reboot.
Attempt to use "Operate my GO".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Ken>> » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I tried what you said and there was no difference so I also changed the same two lines in ttgo.bif and saved the changes, I wasn't sure whether or not you meant me to do that in the first place, but anyway I am now able to use "Operate my Go" and it goes through the set-up procedure of selecting the language ec't until it gets to the screen to select a map, it then says there are "no maps found".
So basically it works but can't recognise the maps.

Nice try though :)

Anyway at least the truck navcore and maps are installed and seem to working OK thanks to what I've read of yours and other peoples posts on this site today.

Many thanks :thumbup:
Ken>> offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Ken>> wrote:I tried what you said and there was no difference so I also changed the same two lines in ttgo.bif and saved the changes, I wasn't sure whether or not you meant me to do that in the first place, but anyway I am now able to use "Operate my Go" and it goes through the set-up procedure of selecting the language ec't until it gets to the screen to select a map, it then says there are "no maps found".
So basically it works but can't recognise the maps.

Nice try though :)

Anyway at least the truck navcore and maps are installed and seem to working OK thanks to what I've read of yours and other peoples posts on this site today.

Many thanks :thumbup:

You can't change the values in the ttgo.bif file. A new one is created by the device, each time you boot up. The purpose of the ttgo.bak file is to force the .bif to create the values that you want.

Go here:
With XP[/font]
C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\ [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[/font]

With Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\[email protected][/font]

Is there a [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] folder in the extensions folder?[/font]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Ken>> » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:04 am

tendriver wrote:You can't change the values in the ttgo.bif file. A new one is created by the device, each time you boot up. The purpose of the ttgo.bak file is to force the .bif to create the values that you want.

Go here:
With XP[/font]
C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\ [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[/font]

With Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\[email protected][/font]

Is there a [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] folder in the extensions folder?[/font]

I see what you mean, even if I delete the ttgo.bif file it's gets re-built when the devise is rebooted.

There is a folder called "[email protected]" in the extensions folder.
Ken>> offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 am

Ken>> wrote:I see what you mean, even if I delete the ttgo.bif file it's gets re-built when the devise is rebooted.

There is a folder called "[email protected]" in the extensions folder.

Replace your current [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] folder with this pre-patched copy: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Ken>> » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 am

tendriver wrote:Replace your current [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] folder with this pre-patched copy: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

The navcore and the map seem to be working OK, though I've only had chance to drive round the estate for 10 minutes.

Sorry but I can't download from your link as it seems to be being treated as an email address rather than a download or re-direct link.
Ken>> offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 am

Ken>> wrote:The navcore and the map seem to be working OK, though I've only had chance to drive round the estate for 10 minutes.

Sorry but I can't download from your link as it seems to be being treated as an email address rather than a download or re-direct link.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Ken>> » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:38 am

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

I'll swap the folders over in the morning, what's the difference with this folder ?
Ken>> offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:13 am

Ken>> wrote:Thanks for the link :thumbup:

I'll swap the folders over in the morning, what's the difference with this folder ?

As I said in post 6, the link is to a pre-patched TT Home folder for 7.903.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Ken>> » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Tomtom Home still doesn't recognise the map, but thanks for trying :thumbup:
Ken>> offline

Postby djc151084 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 am

Ken>> wrote:Tomtom Home still doesn't recognise the map, but thanks for trying :thumbup:

TTHome DOES NOT work with any work/truck navcore, it is not supported with the program , so you will not be able to use it with this navcore ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 pm

djc151084 wrote:TTHome DOES NOT work with any work/truck navcore, it is not supported with the program , so you will not be able to use it with this navcore ;)

Ken was made aware of this in post 2. We were conducting a test, both in this thread & by PM.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby djc151084 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:22 pm

tendriver wrote:Ken was made aware of this in post 2. We were conducting a test, both in this thread & by PM.

What test ? would be better to post here and not via PM then everybody could follow the progress ;) :)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:03 pm

djc151084 wrote:What test ? would be better to post here and not via PM then everybody could follow the progress ;) :)

If I thought that to be the case, I would have done so.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom