Tomtom GO720: Need navcore that will do TMC *and* Bluetooth    

Tomtom GO720: Need navcore that will do TMC *and* Bluetooth

Postby multirotor » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to find a navcore that will do both TMC with the external receiver and Bluetooth to my Blackberry.
With the navcore 8.x, TMC is not working and with 9.x Bluetooth is not working and vice versa.

Well actually 9.x connects to the phone fine and is able to download the phone book & even make calls but there is no audio at all on the GO 720.

The phone works fine with audio on 8.562 but then TMC doesn't work...

I have tried 8.562, 9.025, 9.150, 9.430

Anyone can put me on the right track ?

Thanks a lot !
multirotor offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 am

multirotor wrote:Hi,

1. I can't seem to find a navcore that will do both TMC with the external receiver and Bluetooth to my Blackberry.
With the navcore 8.x, TMC is not working and with 9.x Bluetooth is not working and vice versa.

Well actually 9.x connects to the phone fine and is able to download the phone book & even make calls but there is no audio at all on the GO 720.

The phone works fine with audio on 8.562 but then TMC doesn't work...

I have tried 8.562, 9.025, 9.150, 9.430

Anyone can put me on the right track ?

Thanks a lot !

Any official navcore for a 720 will do what you want. Current is 9.465. Install it with TT Home. Use FastActivate Premium 1.8.9.0 Updated 05.10.2012 to patch the navcore & map. Do not use a SE version of 9.465.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 am

Phones and TT was always a problem and will never be fully solved.
Hands free and phonebook is usually no problem, everything els IMHO pure luck.
You should update the NC first and check again, but if possible do full backup with the Windows Explorer first and a clean install of map and NC after that.
This way you will eliminate problems with left overs from your old installation.
Maybe this old trick is enough for you:
On the TT deleted all stored phones and connections, on the phone delete the TT from the BT menu.
After that start a search on your TT for your phone, make sure it is visble.
Do the normal connection precedure and authorise the TT on your phone.

In some cases the TT has problems with the connection if you changed a few phones paired.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby multirotor » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm

tendriver wrote:Any official navcore for a 720 will do what you want. Current is 9.465. Install it with TT Home. Use FastActivate Premium 1.8.9.0 Updated 05.10.2012 to patch the navcore & map. Do not use a SE version of 9.465.

Surprise !
So the official 9.430 does exactly what I want (after patching map & navcore). I didn't expect that. I thought the SE version was what I needed.
However, I prefer the looks of the SE. I believe that is what you guys call the X40 emulation ?

I have reinstalled the SE 9.430 over the official 9.430 and now the phone is working but the TMC bar is not shown.
Any config settings I could try to get TMC working ?

Thanks for the help !
multirotor offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 pm

multirotor wrote:Surprise !
So the official 9.430 does exactly what I want (after patching map & navcore). I didn't expect that. I thought the SE version was what I needed.
However, I prefer the looks of the SE. I believe that is what you guys call the X40 emulation ?

I have reinstalled the SE 9.430 over the official 9.430 and now the phone is working but the TMC bar is not shown.
Any config settings I could try to get TMC working ?

Thanks for the help !

If there is a feature that isn't in the model TT that is being emulated with SE, it will not work in the model using that emulation. A GO X40 TMC works with some receivers & not others.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom