TomTom Go720 Europe Truck.......HELP!   

TomTom Go720 Europe Truck.......HELP!

Postby smokinbarrels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Folks,
Okay i've followed all the instrutions on how to get this onto my tomtom go720.
Firstly i forgot to do a backup and dont have my origional ttgo.bif file. Everytime i turn my tomtom on it just goes to the TomTom GO screen and then to the load screen, then blank and starts all over again. I've taken the SD card out and it still does the same.
I've connected it to my computer and loaded tomtom and it comes up with a red screen PROBLEM WITH MAP. You cannot use this map on this device:Europe _truck-463. It also does the same for map western Europe.

Can anybody help me? SB
smokinbarrels offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:05 pm

smokinbarrels wrote: I've connected it to my computer and loaded tomtom and it comes up with a red screen PROBLEM WITH MAP. You cannot use this map on this device:Europe _truck-463. It also does the same for map western Europe.

SB

Are you getting this on your unit or TT Home "Operate my go"?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby smokinbarrels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi, i'm getting this on my TomTom Home screen "operate my go". It wont load at all without connecting to my computer.

SB
smokinbarrels offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 pm

smokinbarrels wrote:Hi, i'm getting this on my TomTom Home screen "operate my go". It wont load at all without connecting to my computer.

SB

"Operate my device" is just an emulation/simulation is isn't a good way to trouble shoot your unit. You are getting the "can't use" because TTHome OMD can't be properly patched for 8.398.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby biggerdave » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Operate my Go/Device will not work with the a patched 8.398 navcore even with a patched TTHome .dll anyway
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby smokinbarrels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:22 pm

So what do i do next? Can anybody explain in a basic step by step?

SB
smokinbarrels offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:29 am

What is your current problem??
It is very hard to follow the thread to the end and to know what you might want ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby smokinbarrels » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I tried to download the europe truck software and have been having problems.
Before i started i forgot to do a backup of my tomtom go 720 and as a result of things going wrong i have nothing to restore it back to.
I followed the instructions on how to download it, unzip it and transfer it to a sd card and then onto my device. Once i tried to turn it on it just kept on going from tomtom home page, to start and then turns off again. The only way i could stop this was to press reset then turn on and quickly connect to tomtom home, once on tomtom home i clicked on 'use my device' and it came up with a red screen saying you cannont use western europe maps on this device i then clicked on the truck maps and it said exactly the same. i removed the sd card and it still wont show any maps or start up. Since then my tomtom has gone blank and will only quickly turn on before going blank and turning off again. I left it on charge all night and it still wont turn on.
As you can see things arn't good. 24hrs ago i had a tomtom go 720 that worked fine, now it wont even turn on?
SB
smokinbarrels offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:58 am

If you can be sure the TT is fully charged and has not a damaged charging circuit we will fix it ;)
To make sure everything is clean I suggest to start with a clean device : delete everything from the TT and reinstall the NC.
After that do a hard reset followed by the TT Clear Flash tool.
Start the TT , you will get an error for the missing maps, disregard and turn off.
I assume you are using the pre-patched Truck Navcore and a current map.
Copy the map to the TT and use FastActivate premium to activate the map.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby smokinbarrels » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Afternoon folks,
First of all i'd like to say thankyou to all the people who have tried to help me.
This morning i plugged my tomtom into home and a huge map download was available for download. Once downloaded my totmtom had a bit of a fit then came back to life! All seems to be working fine now.:clap:

Now for the other news:
Europe Truck still isn't working. I've just plugged it in and clicked on Fast Activate Premium and the following message came up:
**File TTGO BIF or TTNAVIGATOR BIF not found***

Does anybody know what file to place the 'TTGO.BIF' in?

Once again, many thanks for all your help SB
smokinbarrels offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:22 pm

smokinbarrels wrote:Does anybody know what file to place the 'TTGO.BIF' in?

A new ttgo.bif file is created by the unit each & every time the unit is booted. It can be found in the device root or the SD card root, depending on which one is being used.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom