TomTom go530 touchscreen issue.   

TomTom go530 touchscreen issue.

Postby boonergooner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi all!
With help from some generous support on here I have updated and installed new navcore, maps etc so going good and thank you.
However I switched on the tomTom a few days ago and the touchscreen digitiser was completely non responsive, I took it apart and checked all connections but could find anything obviously amiss, I put back together and the screen worked, however I have now noticed it isn't working perfect.
The left half of the screen is perfectly calibrated but the right half isnt, when you press on the keyboard the letter to the left is selected so this means i can't select anything over the far right.

I have read about about downloading a file that allows you to calibrate the screen but I don't think will apply as it is not the same across the whole screen?

Any assistance would be greatly received with this issue. Thanks.
boonergooner offline

Re: TomTom go530 touchscreen issue.

Postby holyhead » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:25 pm

boonergooner wrote:Hi all!
With help from some generous support on here I have updated and installed new navcore, maps etc so going good and thank you.
However I switched on the tomTom a few days ago and the touchscreen digitiser was completely non responsive, I took it apart and checked all connections but could find anything obviously amiss, I put back together and the screen worked, however I have now noticed it isn't working perfect.
The left half of the screen is perfectly calibrated but the right half isnt, when you press on the keyboard the letter to the left is selected so this means i can't select anything over the far right.

I have read about about downloading a file that allows you to calibrate the screen but I don't think will apply as it is not the same across the whole screen?

Any assistance would be greatly received with this issue. Thanks.

Give the next a try
Download unpack and install read the 9.510_Calib.txt file
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Last edited by holyhead on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby biggerdave » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm

biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby boonergooner » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:17 pm

Thank you Holyhead, I have downloaded and unpacked the file into a folder but I am at a loss as to how to or what I am installing? The 9.510. Calib text document starts with "After install...."
Do I copy all the files to an SD card and run in the tomtom? Or am I installing an application on my laptop? :)
boonergooner offline

Postby holyhead » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:44 pm

boonergooner wrote:Thank you Holyhead, I have downloaded and unpacked the file into a folder but I am at a loss as to how to or what I am installing? The 9.510. Calib text document starts with "After install...."
Do I copy all the files to an SD card and run in the tomtom? Or am I installing an application on my laptop? :)

9.510 calib.
Unpack and copy the files and folders to a empty SD cARD.
SD Card in the 530 and start it up.
Then after install etc.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby boonergooner » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 pm

I thought I would submit some feedback from trying to use the two suggestions to re-calibrate the touch screen on my GO530 on this thread, firstly, I failed miserably with the first which was the 9.510 calib way which would appear to be a navcore that you use an SD card to "install" in your device.

These are the instructions contained in the text file named "9.510 calib", they did not appear to be accurate in my experience, assuming I did it right?

9.510 calib.

"After Install go to the Skin Chooser (menu 4 of 4)"
I WENT TO MENU 4 OF 4 AND FOUND AN ICON ENTITLED "Calibr" (something like that) NOT SKIN CHOOSER?

"Click on it and you got the calibration screen and start calibration."
CLICKING ON THE CALIBR ICON TAKES YOU TO THE CALIBRATION SCREEN.

"The next screen Dubbel click on the 25."
I DID NOT GET ANOTHER SCREEN WITH A 25 ON IT TO DOUBLE CLICK?

"The device restart and hopefully the screen is alright (after the calibration)."
AFTER CLICKING ON THE 5 CROSSHAIRS TO CALIBRATE THE DEVICE RESTARTED.

"You can go to the Skin Chooser and choose another emulation."
I BELIEVE THIS INSTRUCTION REFERS TO AN APP ENTITLED DSA-EMulation THAT YOU CAN START IN THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD WHICH ENABLES YOU TO CHANGE THE STYLE OF THE INTERFACE FOR THE NAVCORE.

"Calibration is no more possible. If you want to calibration again you"
have to install the 9.510 calib again."
I RE-INSTALLED THE NAVCORE BY EJECTING THE SD CARD, STARTING THE DEVICE, SHUTTING IT OFF AND PUTTING THE SD CARD BACK IN.

I tried this several times but the only result I achieved was that the calibration was much worse in the opposite direction, so didn't work for me.
I will concede that my knowledge of satnavs is limited so I could have got it all wrong!?

I did get my device's touchscreen calibrated well enough using the second method at this link from "biggerdave" post on this thread.

http://www.navitotal.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=10957

I followed these instructions and once I realised that you need to call the text file that goes in the root of your device "cal" not "cal.txt" I started to get somewhere and after some considerable amount of time calibrated my screen well enough to be usable.
I was lucky that the left/right and not the up/down axis was out of sink!

Hopefully this feedback might be of help to someone or someone might put me wright if I lost the plot with the first option?

Thank you to "holyhead and "biggerdave" for your input.
boonergooner offline

Postby holyhead » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm

boonergooner wrote:I thought I would submit some feedback from trying to use the two suggestions to re-calibrate the touch screen on my GO530 on this thread, firstly, I failed miserably with the first which was the 9.510 calib way which would appear to be a navcore that you use an SD card to "install" in your device.

These are the instructions contained in the text file named "9.510 calib", they did not appear to be accurate in my experience, assuming I did it right?

9.510 calib.

"After Install go to the Skin Chooser (menu 4 of 4)"
I WENT TO MENU 4 OF 4 AND FOUND AN ICON ENTITLED "Calibr" (something like that) NOT SKIN CHOOSER?

"Click on it and you got the calibration screen and start calibration."
CLICKING ON THE CALIBR ICON TAKES YOU TO THE CALIBRATION SCREEN.

"The next screen Dubbel click on the 25."
I DID NOT GET ANOTHER SCREEN WITH A 25 ON IT TO DOUBLE CLICK?

"The device restart and hopefully the screen is alright (after the calibration)."
AFTER CLICKING ON THE 5 CROSSHAIRS TO CALIBRATE THE DEVICE RESTARTED.

"You can go to the Skin Chooser and choose another emulation."
I BELIEVE THIS INSTRUCTION REFERS TO AN APP ENTITLED DSA-EMulation THAT YOU CAN START IN THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD WHICH ENABLES YOU TO CHANGE THE STYLE OF THE INTERFACE FOR THE NAVCORE.

"Calibration is no more possible. If you want to calibration again you"
have to install the 9.510 calib again."
I RE-INSTALLED THE NAVCORE BY EJECTING THE SD CARD, STARTING THE DEVICE, SHUTTING IT OFF AND PUTTING THE SD CARD BACK IN.

I tried this several times but the only result I achieved was that the calibration was much worse in the opposite direction, so didn't work for me.
I will concede that my knowledge of satnavs is limited so I could have got it all wrong!?

I did get my device's touchscreen calibrated well enough using the second method at this link from "biggerdave" post on this thread.

http://www.navitotal.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=10957

I followed these instructions and once I realised that you need to call the text file that goes in the root of your device "cal" not "cal.txt" I started to get somewhere and after some considerable amount of time calibrated my screen well enough to be usable.
I was lucky that the left/right and not the up/down axis was out of sink!

Hopefully this feedback might be of help to someone or someone might put me wright if I lost the plot with the first option?

Thank you to "holyhead and "biggerdave" for your input.

Nice that you have it sorted. Thanks for your feedback and I have changed the instruction to the better I hope. The method Biggerdave mentioned is the best reliable method if you are patient (you proofed to have been that)
p.s.
changed the file in post 2.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom