TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation   

TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation

Postby djc151084 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:58 pm

This thread is work in progress and still being updated and added to. Thanks to Pietu for his work with this great package. Any Comments or Questions Please Ask In The Thread.

IF YOU HAVE A SMALL SCREEN 3.5" DEVICE, THEN I RECOMMEND YOU USE A V8 NAVCORE. IF YOU HAVE A WIDESCREEN 4"+ DEVICE, THEN YOU CAN USE V8 OR V9 NAVCORE.

A SMALL SCREEN DEVICE CAN ONLY USE A V9 NAVCORE IF IT IS AN OFFICIAL NAVCORE FOR YOUR DEVICE "IE ONE IQ ROUTES" AND ON OCCASIONS LIKE THIS YOU MUST PATCH YOUR ORIGINAL TTSYSTEM AND NOT USE A SE VERSION.

• Take a full backup of your device with windows explorer (Copy and Paste) and KEEP IT SAFE
Instructions
  • Download the required navcore
  • Run the .exe from your PC
  • Choose the Drive letter of your TomTom
  • Click Install and wait
  • Activate map if required with the already included AutoActivate.exe
    > Boot tomtom before activate maps (If a clean install has been peformed)
  • Done
Note 1 : Although some packages say for 32mb devices, they will also run on 64mb devices just fine.
Note 2 : AutoActivate is included in each package for map patching if required

Password; navitotal

[Please Register or Login to download file]

NOTE: To use the bootloader 5.5274 that comes with this navcore rename the file "system55274" to "system" , Only upgrade the bootloader if you have a valid reason it is not a necessity.

NOTE: To use the bootloader 5.5120 that comes with this navcore rename the file "system55120" to "system" , Only upgrade the bootloader if you have a valid reason it is not a necessity.

NOTE 2: 64MB is Preferred to use TRUCK Navcore

NOTE 3: For a x50 device to run truck you need speciall edited package, please see the thread "Latest Navcores"

_
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Macca-009 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Luv it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Used the 8.412 onto a 710 and added the UK & E 855.2884 with the pre-installed autoactivate - no problems at all. Of the 64mb, 29mb is free. To complete the basic install it just needs a voice or two :D

Great work!
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Macca-009 wrote:Luv it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Used the 8.412 onto a 710 and added the UK & E 855.2884 with the pre-installed autoactivate - no problems at all. Of the 64mb, 29mb is free. To complete the basic install it just needs a voice or two :D

Great work!

Thanks for testing it and your posotive feedback ;)

djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby eskro » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:47 pm

WHat can i say, GOOG JOB!! :)

Altho you still have to unpack to get to the exe.....

might aswell unpack to TomTom Drive Letter & overwrite as necessary?
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:21 pm

eskro wrote:WHat can i say, GOOG JOB!! :)

Altho you still have to unpack to get to the exe.....

might aswell unpack to TomTom Drive Letter & overwrite as necessary?

I could upload to the free hosts with a password on the .exe instead of having a .rar at all but i think freehosts might treat .exe files as suspicious ?? so i use a .rar to hopefully not alert the free hosts :) these packages are mainly aimed at newbies who havt a clue where to start, they just unpack the .exe and run > install . thats it :)

djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Looks really great

Postby tijlovnl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Looks great. Perhaps it is comfortable for doubting or not exactly knowing people to add per Navcore for which TT preferably to use.

djc151084 wrote:This thread is work in progress and still being updated and added to, Thanks to [color="royalblue"]Pietu [/color] for his work with this great package. If you require a specific version please ask me and i will create a package for you.

Any Comments or Questions Please Ask In The Thread.

Instructions
  • Download the required navcore
  • Run the .exe from your PC
  • Choose the Drive letter of your TomTom
  • Click Install and wait
  • Done

Note 1 : Altho some packages say for 32mb devices , they will also run on 64mb devices just fine.
Note 2 : AutoActivate is included in each package for map patching if required

[SIZE="4"]

Password; [color="red"]navitotal[/color][/size]

_
tijlovnl offline

Postby Bill » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 pm

This might encourage a few who want to try but are a bit unsure.
Definately the way forward.
Bill offline

Postby Macca-009 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:27 pm

djc151084 wrote:This thread is work in progress and still being updated and added to, Thanks to [color="royalblue"]Pietu [/color] for his work with this great package. If you require a specific version please ask me and i will create a package for you.

Any Comments or Questions Please Ask In The Thread.
_

Observations : the format/composition of the 'packs' is not quite uniform (I put that down to these being effectively Beta versions) and trying each of them in turn, I noticed a couple of minor differences in performance which although caused me no problem, might confuse the average novice/airhead. Not all the .exe's unpacked with the same result i.e. not all unpacked the Navcore to the root of the destination 'drive' and also, that the Autoactivate or Fastactivate executable wasn't included in all 4 (or at least, I didn't spot it in one of the four) and where it was, the versions differed and the results weren't consistant when it came to activating maps though the version in 8.412 didn't miss a beat when I gave it 5 maps to activate simultaneously!

As previously said, absolutely love the concept - great work by all concerned who obviously have too much time on their hands!!!
:grouphug:
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Macca-009 wrote:Observations : the format/composition of the 'packs' is not quite uniform (I put that down to these being effectively Beta versions) and trying each of them in turn, I noticed a couple of minor differences in performance which although caused me no problem, might confuse the average novice/airhead. Not all the .exe's unpacked with the same result i.e. not all unpacked the Navcore to the root of the destination 'drive' and also, that the Autoactivate or Fastactivate executable wasn't included in all 4 (or at least, I didn't spot it in one of the four) and where it was, the versions differed and the results weren't consistant when it came to activating maps though the version in 8.412 didn't miss a beat when I gave it 5 maps to activate simultaneously!

As previously said, absolutely love the concept - great work by all concerned who obviously have too much time on their hands!!!
:grouphug:

Thanks for your comments, i think the problem is down to that i created some of the packs and pietu created the others, i created 9.051 and 9.026 i think you will find the problems if there is any with these 2, all 4 do now have autoactivate included, i have re-upd the files a few hours ago to include it in the missing ones, but as for the other problem i will speak to pietu and get this fixed asap, thanks for your input it has been very usefull.

thanks
djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Macca-009 wrote: Not all the .exe's unpacked with the same result i.e. not all unpacked the Navcore to the root of the destination 'drive' and also, that the Autoactivate or Fastactivate executable wasn't included in all 4 (or at least, I didn't spot it in one of the four)

I have now fixed these problems and all packages are now fine ;) re-uploading the problem packages as we speak.

EDIT: All packages now re-uploaded and fixed ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jonno2001 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi djc

The links are all saying that the files have been deleted, is this while you're still uploading the changes or have easy-share taken them off ??
Incidently, which is the more stable / better features navcore for GO730 .... 9.026 or 9.051

Cheers
John
jonno2001 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:31 pm

jonno2001 wrote:Hi djc

The links are all saying that the files have been deleted, is this while you're still uploading the changes or have easy-share taken them off ??
Incidently, which is the more stable / better features navcore for GO730 .... 9.026 or 9.051

Cheers
John

yes i was in the process of reuploading them, now they are all reuploaded and now 100% working links with all packages working as they should,
for a 730 i reccomend using SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar

Thanks
djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jonno2001 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks djc

Just as I sent the last post the links were restored, lol
so basically, i'll take a complete back-up of device as now (with current 8.351) then with device attached run the exe for the 9.205-auto-install, let it over-write the files as needed and i'm done ?? (I already have a modified ttsystem file and activated maps etc)
Is this all I need to do ??

Cheers again
jonno2001 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 pm

jonno2001 wrote:Thanks djc

Just as I sent the last post the links were restored, lol
so basically, i'll take a complete back-up of device as now (with current 8.351) then with device attached run the exe for the 9.205-auto-install, let it over-write the files as needed and i'm done ?? (I already have a modified ttsystem file and activated maps etc)
Is this all I need to do ??

Cheers again

• Yes, take a full backup with windows copy and paste,
  • Run the .exe from your PC with the tomtom attached
  • Choose the drive of the tomtom in the installer and choose install
  • If it asks to overwrite any files say YES ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby eskro » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:08 pm

SUGGESTION;

Either Make FastActivate work like the New NavCore auto-installer, which is,
run from where ever and select your unit's drive letter

or

Either Make NavCore auto-installer work like FastActivate, which is,
run it from the root your Unit directly,,,

This way, i mean, stuff would all work the same way :P

what you think?
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom