tomtom XL and my caravan   

tomtom XL and my caravan

Postby Debendaz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi

I am new and very very green, i have a tomtom one XL that has nothing on it as it crashed and i wiped in my ultimate wisdom and lost everything.

It has since been replaced but then i found this site and my question is

Can i install the caravan version of tomtom on my one XL and if so how do i go about it.

Thanks fo your help in advance

or can i use the truck version as i will be towing caravan
Debendaz offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Debendaz wrote:Hi

I am new and very very green, i have a tomtom one XL that has nothing on it as it crashed and i wiped in my ultimate wisdom and lost everything.

It has since been replaced but then i found this site and my question is

1. Can i install the caravan version of tomtom on my one XL and if so how do i go about it.

Thanks fo your help in advance

2. or can i use the truck version as i will be towing caravan

1. I am not aware of a caravan version.
2. You will need a 4GB or larger SDHC card. A SDHC card requires bootloader 5.5012 or higher. If you don't know what bootloader is on your XL, run TomTom Current Configuration {13.11.2011}. Read the instructions.
You will need Navcore 9.701 Truck & Europe_TRUCK_910_4958 [2440MB] Read the Download Instructions in All New Maps 910.XXXX post 1, before you start.
The navcore is pre-patched. Patch the map with FastActivate 08.07.2013. Read the instructions.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hamish » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:03 am

If by "caravan version " Debendaz means the Snooper S5450 version promoted by the Caravan Club then no.
Just a couple of things you won't get with truck maps:

"Caravan Club Sat Navs - Key Features
1. Safe, hassle-free routes based on your vehicle - every time
Snooper Ventura Caravan Club Edition is a completely unique sat nav system designed from scratch for caravan and motorhome use, and continuously developed and improved following feedback from Club members. Ventura allows you to input the length, width, height and weight of your vehicle or complete towing setup, and then calculates routes that are practical and safe, avoiding low bridges, narrow roads, steep hills, tight turns, weight restrictions and a host of other potential obstacles right across Europe, allowing you to concentrate on driving without the worry of having to potentially reverse out of danger.

2. Club Sites, CLs, Caravan Europe and much more at your fingertips!
Designed exclusively for Club members and totally unique, Ventura Caravan Club Edition comes pre-loaded with everything you need to make the most of your holidays - and your Club membership! Club sites are split into 3 categories - full Club sites, CLs, and Caravan Europe. You can search for full Club sites by facility, see information from The Caravan Club Site Directory & Handbook and even photos of the sites on-screen! CLs and Caravan Europe are listed in point-of-interest format. Members get free lifetime updates to Club site information downloadable via the web, so you will always have the most up-to-date site information. Ventura is also pre-loaded with the Aires stopovers, ACSI campsites, Bord Atlas campsites and much more."
Hamish offline

Postby Debendaz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 pm

no tomtom do a version called caravan & Camper
Debendaz offline

Postby Debendaz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 pm

i can i still install struck if there is no SD card as it is an all in one unit with no sd card slot
Debendaz offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Debendaz wrote:i can i still install struck if there is no SD card as it is an all in one unit with no sd card slot

NO. The Truck navcore & Truck map together require almost 2500MB.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hamish » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 am

Debendaz wrote:no tomtom do a version called caravan & Camper

Presumably a version of a TT device, unless it is a TTHome d/l option?
Hamish offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Debendaz wrote:no tomtom do a version called caravan & Camper

Quote from TT.com:
The Camper & Caravan features can be installed on many existing TomTom devices. Check to see if your device is compatible: GO 1000 series*, GO LIVE 800 series, Via series*, Start 20 series, Start 60.
* Only devices with more than 4 GB of internal memory or a memory card slot.

It is only available for use on some of the newer devices that can't be cracked/patched.
or
You can buy a [Please Register or Login to download file] device.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom