TomTom Go 910 - Missing maps   

TomTom Go 910 - Missing maps

Postby emeybee » Wed May 01, 2013 4:29 am

Hello,

I bought a used TomTom Go 910 that is supposed to have maps of North America and Western Europe, however the Western Europe maps appear to have been deleted from the device.

I have the card with the product codes and was able to get the activation codes from ttcodes.com, however I don't know where to find the maps? I searched the forums but the maps you have listed here start at version 800+ and the original version for these maps was 6.5 (old!)

I am not specifically looking to upgrade the maps to newer versions, but if that's the only way to retrieve them then that's what I'll have to do. My concern though is that upgrading the maps and software to versions not intended for the device will make it unstable.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit:
I ran the TTCurrentConfig app in case it would be helpful. The information is:
TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 910
DeviceVersionHW=GO 910
BootLoaderVersion=48600
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...
emeybee offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed May 01, 2013 5:28 am

Current maps and instructions can be found in the 905 map thread.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed May 01, 2013 5:42 am

emeybee wrote:1. I have the card with the product codes and was able to get the activation codes from ttcodes.com, however I don't know where to find the maps? I searched the forums but the maps you have listed here start at version 800+ and the original version for these maps was 6.5 (old!)

2. I am not specifically looking to upgrade the maps to newer versions, but if that's the only way to retrieve them then that's what I'll have to do. My concern though is that upgrading the maps and software to versions not intended for the device will make it unstable.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit:
I ran the TTCurrentConfig app in case it would be helpful. The information is:
TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 910
DeviceVersionHW=GO 910
BootLoaderVersion=48600
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183

1. It would be a waste of time to load anything but a current map. Plus you might as well update to a newer navcore.
2. The current maps edition is 905. They can be found in the 905 maps "sticky" thread above this thread. My Teammate Downunder has some modified for all devices 9.XXX navcores in the same "sticky" area that the maps are in. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ the instructions for download both navcore & map.

Downunder,
RATS!! I must be getting old. I started this reply before you logged in.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby emeybee » Wed May 01, 2013 5:47 am

Thank you. Would you mind telling me which Navcore version would be the most stable for my device? I would rather have the maps/features be outdated than have to worry about it crashing when I need it.
emeybee offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 01, 2013 6:06 am

emeybee wrote:Thank you. Would you mind telling me which Navcore version would be the most stable for my device? I would rather have the maps/features be outdated than have to worry about it crashing when I need it.

We have been doing this for several years and are pretty good at what we do!! We are not in the habit of recommending anything to members, that would cause their devices to be unstable and/or crash.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby emeybee » Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 am

Didn't mean to insult you, my device is just very old so I didn't know if the new features would interfere. So any of the versions would be okay then, and presumably the latest version would be the best?
emeybee offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 01, 2013 6:58 am

emeybee wrote:Didn't mean to insult you, my device is just very old so I didn't know if the new features would interfere. So any of the versions would be okay then, and presumably the latest version would be the best?

Don't presume anything. It just so happens that 9.510 was released several days ago. It was design for a multitude of TT models. Downunder has a version of it that will do nicely on your 910.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom