TomTom 730 go stopped working   

TomTom 730 go stopped working

Postby sanman » Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I tried upgrading my maps think i screwed something up helppppp. When i turn the unit on the startup screen comes on then shuts down right away. I tried resetting with a paper clip nothing happened. When its plugged into the computer on tt home i can access everything on the computer but the tt screen is blank. when i turn on the unit and hold the button down the the bios screen says startup...............sleepmode is the unit in a sleepmode? On the same screen the battery is charged to 4125 i guess the battery is working.One more thing when tt is plugged in the green power light is on when its unplugged no power light is that normal?
sanman offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm

As long as you can access your TT using the PC or Home nothing is lost ;)
What Navcore and map are you using?
To get a first start try this :
Delete all files in root of your TT except the file ttgo.bif.
Leave the map folder untouched.
Start Home and update your device until you got the version 8.351 for your Navcore.
If you use genuine maps it will work now, if you use patched maps you'll have to patch the ttsystem/PNDNavigator using FastActivate.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby sanman » Fri May 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Seems like it does not want to update i deleted all but the folders and ttgo.bif put on tt home and says nothing to update????????
sanman offline

Postby tendriver » Fri May 06, 2011 1:58 pm

sanman wrote:Seems like it does not want to update i deleted all but the folders and ttgo.bif put on tt home and says nothing to update????????

Delete all but the map folder & ttgo.bif file. Reboot before you attempt to update.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sanman » Fri May 06, 2011 2:24 pm

I added

NAVCORE 8.351.9982 Courtesy of TTUser.................... seems to be working good. Thanks everyone Now how would you suggest i update my 730 go North america I need updated Maps especially New Jersey Also im a newbie so how do i update the whole system if needed Like navcore dont even know what that is Please teach me Sanman.................
sanman offline

Postby biggerdave » Fri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

sanman wrote:I added

NAVCORE 8.351.9982 Courtesy of TTUser.................... seems to be working good. Thanks everyone Now how would you suggest i update my 730 go North america I need updated Maps especially New Jersey Also im a newbie so how do i update the whole system if needed Like navcore dont even know what that is Please teach me Sanman.................

Have a read/search around here http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?80-Tutorials as people have spent a lot of time preparing these for people to learn how to do things themselves.
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom