tomtom go 710 maps problem   

tomtom go 710 maps problem

Postby bro67 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi all.
heres my scenario,I have a go 710 from years ago.I dug it out because i now need it for my job.it hasnt been used for about 4 years.unfortunatly i lost the sd card.I bought a new 2gb sd card formatted it to fat 32, (proper format not quick) put it into device,started home, application was installed.I then did the navcore suitable for my device 8412.1236 then installed maps 890.4234 which according to the forum should be the correct set up for my device.However after trying this a few times my device starts with the message that i cant use maps number 571. with this device.I thought i followed the instructions ok and am now confused as to why it didn`t work.the maps are uk ireland ones.any advice would be welcome,I am either a dunce or there is something i am doing wrong.
Thanks in advance
Billy
bro67 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 pm

bro67 wrote:Hi all.
heres my scenario,I have a go 710 from years ago.I dug it out because i now need it for my job.it hasnt been used for about 4 years.unfortunatly i lost the sd card.I bought a new 2gb sd card formatted it to fat 32, (proper format not quick) put it into device,started home, application was installed.I then did the navcore suitable for my device 8412.1236 then installed maps 890.4234 which according to the forum should be the correct set up for my device.However after trying this a few times my device starts with the message that i cant use maps number 571. with this device.I thought i followed the instructions ok and am now confused as to why it didn`t work.the maps are uk ireland ones.any advice would be welcome,I am either a dunce or there is something i am doing wrong.
Thanks in advance
Billy

Navcore 8412.1236 is compatible with UK & ROI 890.4234. The message you are getting is the classic one for an unpatched map. No .meta.dct file in the map folder = map not patched.
To patch requires a map, a patcher with a current meta.txt file and the device's ttgo.bif file. The navcore must also be patched.
FFR, a new SD card does not require formatting.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bro67 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Tendriver,

problem solved,i run clear flash a few times,did exactly as i did before and all is well,It went so well that i also did my mates 710 as well.
thanks for taking the time to reply it was very appreciated :55:
bro67 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 pm

bro67 wrote:thanks for taking the time to reply it was very appreciated

Thanx for the update.

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom