TomTom Go 550 Live issues   

TomTom Go 550 Live issues

Postby mortmaru » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:12 pm

I have just been give one of these and thought it would be good to use as hands free device due to my car stereo is pre bluetooth and I used to use my mobile as sat nav but it didn't work so well if doing calls at same time with as using the navigation software same as if data signal dropped.

Now the problem is voice command is all greyed out on tomtom and it is paired fine with phone and even ntried calling it showed up on the tomtom but if i wanted to call some one i have to go through about 10 menus on the tomtom to just dial someone which really defeats the point of it being so called hands free
devices detaisl are

app 9.5.10.1234792.1
os 842337
64mb ram
gps v1.20
boot 5.5277

i just put uk and ireland v970.7466 on it

thanks in advance for any help
mortmaru offline

Banned Users

Re: TomTom Go 550 Live issues

Postby fredderf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:21 pm

The [Please Register or Login to download file] says you must select a computer voice in order to use voice command and control.
To select a computer voice, tap Voices in the Preferences menu, then tap Change voice & select a computer voice.

I suspect that being as those options are greyed out, you don't have a computer voice installed which you can do using TomTom Home software.

Have you read the manual on how to setup and use these functions because AFAIK voice command and control does not extend to making a call.

The map you've installed is 18 months old, I'd recommend installing the newest available which is 995.8507 and readily available here.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom