TomTom 520T +Truck Package Problem   

TomTom 520T +Truck Package Problem

Postby TruckerG » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 am

I have a TomTom520T with a Truck package (on SD card) thich I've been using for 2-3 years now; when I last up-dated it on Home a new system was downloaded onto the card which is NOT a truck system! I have lost all truck related useage and the machine is now "car only" - If I remove the SD card & turn the unit on I get a screen saying "No Map Found" !!

Any idea what I can do - I am new to all this and don't even know what a Navcore is! so please don't assume anything!!

Thanks
TruckerG offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm

TruckerG wrote:I have a TomTom520T with a Truck package (on SD card) thich I've been using for 2-3 years now; when I last up-dated it on Home a new system was downloaded onto the card which is NOT a truck system! I have lost all truck related useage and the machine is now "car only" - If I remove the SD card & turn the unit on I get a screen saying "No Map Found" !!

Any idea what I can do - I am new to all this and don't even know what a Navcore is! so please don't assume anything!!

Thanks

Download the current Truck navcore 8.398. [Please Register or Login to download file]
Download this pre-patched ttsystem file. Pre-patched SE ttsystem & PNDNavigator

Copy the navcore onto your SD card, overwriting any common files.
Copy the ttsystem file onto your SD card, overwriting any common files.
Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TruckerG » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks Tendriver

I've done as you said but now when you turn the unit on it says:
"Problem with map (Yellow) You cannot use this map on this device: Western_and Central_Europe_TRUCK-78"
And now it wont work atall?!!

I THINK I've gone out of the frying pan and into the fire!!

Any ideas please.
TruckerG offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 pm

TruckerG wrote:Thanks Tendriver

I've done as you said but now when you turn the unit on it says:
"Problem with map (Yellow) You cannot use this map on this device: Western_and Central_Europe_TRUCK-78"
And now it wont work atall?!!

I THINK I've gone out of the frying pan and into the fire!!

Any ideas please.

What navcore & map is/was on the internal memory? What navcore & map is/was on the SD card?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TruckerG » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Tendriver

Sorry to be stupid but I have no idea how to find out the information you asked for!
TruckerG offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 pm

TruckerG wrote:Hi Tendriver

Sorry to be stupid but I have no idea how to find out the information you asked for!

TomTom Current Configuration {29.09.2011} Read the instructions. Post the results here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TruckerG » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks again for the help Tendriver, but I couldn't make head nor tail of the instructions about "TomTom Current Configuration {29.09.2011}" - I've tried all evening and I'm afraid it may as well be in Chinese for all the success I've had!

I suppose I'm going to have to give up and buy a new device; do you know if the 7150 Pro Truck is any good?

Bad day at the computer face eh!!

Thanks again
TruckerG offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 am

TruckerG wrote:1. Thanks again for the help Tendriver, but I couldn't make head nor tail of the instructions about "TomTom Current Configuration {29.09.2011}" - I've tried all evening and I'm afraid it may as well be in Chinese for all the success I've had!

2. I suppose I'm going to have to give up and buy a new device; do you know if the 7150 Pro Truck is any good?

Bad day at the computer face eh!!

Thanks again

1. If you are serious, then I suggest that you never touch anything on your unit but the ON/OFF button.
2. The 7150 Pro Truck may be just what you need, because currently there is NO way to manipulate/crack/patch/copy/clone or otherwise modify this unit, except through MyTomTom rather than TT Home.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom