Tom Tom XL postcode problem   

Tom Tom XL postcode problem

Postby Pitbull69 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:35 am

having a few small problems, with upgrading my maps on my TomTom XL,

I followed the guide for using fast activate,

I wasnt sure how to figure out what maps my device needed so my mate looked it up (not sure where) and he said I needed 885.4009

So last night I set about downloading all the relevant stuff, this morning I set about doing it, much easier than I expected, or so I thought, until I turned the satnav on, and it no longer recognises full postcodes. everything works from what I can see, but I really use that feature,

have I done something wrong, was the Map I used wrong, not sure what to try next,
Pitbull69 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 am

Details please, not stories...
885 maps are outdated as the 890 maps are already partly available.
Instructions on the postcodes and the postcodes itself can be found in the map thread.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon May 28, 2012 11:41 am

Pitbull69 wrote:So last night I set about downloading all the relevant stuff, this morning I set about doing it, much easier than I expected, or so I thought, until I turned the satnav on, and it no longer recognises full postcodes. everything works from what I can see, but I really use that feature,

LATEST POSTCODES Version 885 (GREAT BRITAIN, NEDERLAND & SINGAPORE)Postcode V885
Extract and copy the "Zip" folder to the root of your TomTom.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Pitbull69 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:13 pm

thanks tendriver but I also found this fix from tomtom, and it worked perfectly,

just incase anyone else searches for the same problem they can see how I fixed it
Pitbull69 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 29, 2012 1:00 am

Pitbull69 wrote:thanks tendriver but I also found this fix from tomtom, and it worked perfectly,

just incase anyone else searches for the same problem they can see how I fixed it

Pretty proud of yourself, are you??? I hate to bust your bubble, but the link in post 3 does the same thing that your link does. Check it out. Next time remember we have been doing this for quite awhile, and try to make problem solving as easy for our members as possible, by doing the leg work for you!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom