Tom Tom One Xl Bricked?   

Tom Tom One Xl Bricked?

Postby deadenduser » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Hello all,
My brother was attempting to update my Tom Tom for me while I was away and ended up deleting the contents of my devices root folder, without completely backing them up.(He says he did not format it, Which I have been made to understand would of been the death of the device)

Now the device boots, gives me the safe driving warning, and says No maps found! notice when I boot it with what he put on it, When I throw the incomplete restore he made back on it will not even finish booting.

He was attempting to install SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices with the USA_and_Mexico_1GB_870_3419 map

Now I just want to know if the device it toast, and if it is not, What version and map I should be attempting to install? (I only have 1 GB of storage on this device)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could give me.
deadenduser offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:30 am

deadenduser wrote:Hello all,
My brother was attempting to update my Tom Tom for me while I was away and ended up deleting the contents of my devices root folder, without completely backing them up.

1. (He says he did not format it, Which I have been made to understand would of been the death of the device)

Now the device boots, gives me the safe driving warning, and says No maps found! notice when I boot it with what he put on it, When I throw the incomplete restore he made back on it will not even finish booting.

2. He was attempting to install SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices with the USA_and_Mexico_1GB_870_3419 map

3. Now I just want to know if the device it toast, and if it is not, What version and map I should be attempting to install? (I only have 1 GB of storage on this device)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you could give me.

1. We never recommend formating a device, except in the most extreme cases.

2&3. Does your One XL not have a card slot?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby deadenduser » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 am

Thank you for the swift response.

Yes the device dose have an SD slot But the only cards I have on hand are 1 GB as well, and I am under the impression that this tom tom will work off internal or SD never both. Although if it means It can be fixed I can go out and get a 2 or 4 gig SD card in the morning.
deadenduser offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 am

deadenduser wrote:Thank you for the swift response.

Yes the device dose have an SD slot But the only cards I have on hand are 1 GB as well, and

1. I am under the impression that this tom tom will work off internal or SD never both. Although if it means It can be fixed I can go out and get a 2 or 4 gig SD card in the morning.

1. This is correct. I sure would not restrict a unit to a 1GB map, when I could have a much better one for the cheap price of a larger card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby deadenduser » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 am

Ok then I'm starting to download North_America_2GB_870_3391 with Automatic Installer & Patcher for my map.
and please, correct me if I am wrong but my TomTom One XL is not fully compatible with navicore 9.205 and I should use get 8.010 or is being an official version not as important as I am imagining.

UPDATE: Got an old 1Gb card and re-installed 9.205 With the us and mexico map I had. Its working now (Seems navicore i downloaded the first time was corrupted) Im still going to get a larger card for a better map. Thanks for the help and sorry if I wasted any of your time.
deadenduser offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 pm

deadenduser wrote:Ok then I'm starting to download North_America_2GB_870_3391 with Automatic Installer & Patcher for my map.
and please, correct me if I am wrong but my TomTom One XL is not fully compatible with navicore 9.205 and I should use get 8.010 or is being an official version not as important as I am imagining.

UPDATE: Got an old 1Gb card and re-installed 9.205 With the us and mexico map I had. Its working now (Seems navicore i downloaded the first time was corrupted) Im still going to get a larger card for a better map. Thanks for the help and sorry if I wasted any of your time.

You are Welcome. No problem.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom