Post a reply

Tom Tom One V3 - 512MB

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi all, I am new to this so please excuse me for seeming so thick. I have a Tom Tom One version 3 (I know it is old). I have tried over the last few days to update the thing without success. I have looked at the charts at what should work with what navcore to use, but all I get once I have used fastactivate is that you cannot use this map on this device. Upgrading the navcore just seems to make the thing hang or restart. Could some kind person just tell me what I need to install to get a recent map working. By the way this is the 512MB version.

Thanks for you time and assistance.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Please run TomTom Current Configuration {13.11.2011}. Post the results here.

What map are you trying to patch?
What patcher are you using?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Thank you for the reply, here is my current config:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
BootLoaderVersion=55237
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
CurrentMapVersion=835.2420
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

Basically I just want the UK and Ireland map working on this device. Could you recommend a map and navcore if I need to update. Not bothered about being totally up-to-date as long as it works.

Once again many thanks for reply.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 pm

I don't want to step on the moderator's toe but in my opinion you could go for this latest map:
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_905_4800 [170MB]
DA 0E 9A 4F 19 3B F1 DC F1 90 17 02 70 55 3A C9 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-746.meta

Download it and install the contents (a map name folder with underlying files) to the root of your TT. So the map name folder should keep it's underlying files.

Make sure you got the latest FastActivate (05-03-2013), run it (as administrator), select the drive letter and patch the NavCore and then the Maps.

That should do the job and, even on your device, you've got plenty of room.:rofl_mini:

You could play it safe by backing up your current map-folder (fio: maps date Aug-2009) on your computer but I expect no problems with the new map.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Hector68 wrote:Basically I just want the UK and Ireland map working on this device.

UK&ROI 905.4800 is your only new 905 Edition option with your current 8.010 navcore.

1. Make a copy & paste backup of your current setup.
2. Download the new map to your desktop & unzip it.
3. Remove the the old map folder from your ONE. Copy in the new map folder.
4. Copy FastActivate into the ONE root. Patch the navcore & map. Disconnect & reboot.
DONE!!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Thank you for all your help. I think the map I have was not the version as advertised on the download. I downloaded from another location and it worked!!! I had and have used the version you recommended. All the very best and thanks again.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 pm

Woohoo ! At least our advice was sound and valid.

But I just don't understand why you should get your stuff elsewhere.
Navitotal is such a good place to get your candy.:D

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am

Hector68 wrote:I think the map I have was not the version as advertised on the download. I downloaded from another location and it worked!!! I had and have used the version you recommended. All the very best and thanks again.

Please explain. Your explanation will help us to improve our services. 1 word of caution, for quaility control reasons, we do not give help for anything downloaded elsewhere.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

For some reason the map I downloaded from here would not activate (for some reason the size was not 170MB, maybe some sort of curruption on my part downloading). I therefore got the same map from another type of board offering the same help and advice. Obviously I used here first so therefore posted my question here, but there are similar sites. Once again thanks and I am very greatful for all your help.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Hector68 wrote:For some reason the map I downloaded from here would not activate (for some reason the size was not 170MB, maybe some sort of curruption on my part downloading). I therefore got the same map from another type of board offering the same help and advice. Obviously I used here first so therefore posted my question here, but there are similar sites. Once again thanks and I am very greatful for all your help.

I just downloaded UK&ROI 905.4800 & had NO PROBLEM patching it with the current version of FastActivate. The secret is to confirm that the metacode is in the meta.txt file. To do so, run FastActivate & check the Intergrated meta.txt date, then update the meta.txt using the FastActivate menu item #1, if necessary.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Same here, no problems at all, even with a very old version of FA and a manually created meta.txt.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Many thanks to Downunder, Tendriver, Navitotal and all others concerned for this fantastic site. I too have an old TT One V6 512mb which was headed for retirement until I discovered this thread. Initially I installed 9510 Navcore with UK Ireland 9205241 map (wanted Lane Guidance) which worked to a degree but was just too much of an ask for my old TT One and resulted in it constantly rebooting. I restored my old backup to the TT One with its original Navcore 8010 then deleted the UK map directory off the TT. Downloaded latest compatible map at the time for 8010 being "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_920_5267 with Automatic Installer & Patcher" , ran it and thereafter found I still had to use FastActivate afterwards to patch it in order to clear the TT's bootup map unusable error message. I had also downloaded the latest UK postal codes and replaced the two files in the existing "zip" directory on the TT. Result. :orange:

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
DeviceSerialNumber=Y4xxxxxxxxxx
BootLoaderVersion=55001
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0

Map(s):
E:\United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_920_5267\

Storage: