Tom Tom XL memory card   

Tom Tom XL memory card

Postby reddiesel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 am

Hi i have two XL v1 which i have updated with downunders nav 510 for the xl ,i have got 945-6174 uk and ireland maps working on both, one works with a memory card but the other one wont, just keeps saying it needs formatting, the nav and map work on the tom tom but i have a west europe map with the canaries on that i would like to use which is too large, it works fine on the other device which is my daughters and seems faster than mine, the two tom toms were bought in the same week and the serial no are near the same, the cards one's a transcend sd hc 8gb the others an integral sd hc 8gb both class 10, they both work in my daughters, but not in mine, is there something i am doing wrong ? or just a dodgy device ?
reddiesel offline

Re: Tom Tom XL memory card

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:12 am

reddiesel wrote:they both work in my daughters, but not in mine, is there something i am doing wrong ? or just a dodgy device

For maps to run in your daughter's unit, they must be patched for her unit. For maps to run in your unit, they must be patched for your unit. From your comment above, it appears you are trying to go back & forth between the 2 units without re-patching.

Just a reminder, if anything on a unit is patched, then the navcore, speed cam etc must also be patched.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom