My Tom Tom Go 730 Does it need updating its been 2 years sin   

My Tom Tom Go 730 Does it need updating its been 2 years sin

Postby marcy99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 am

Merry Christmas to everyone at Navitotal!

Another Device another thread

I have a TomTom Go 730. the navcore it is running at the moment is version 8.412 Is there an updated navcore I should be using? Lastly, which is the latest UK map for this device? I have had a look at the chart and it looks like I should be using 895.4437 can you confirm this?

Thanks
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:02 am

You are with us long enough to know the forum structure.
Same for using Home to check what the current NC for your device is.
And it is very hard to oversee the red stickies - so read them and you'll find the current map versions.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby marcy99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 am

Downunder35m wrote:You are with us long enough to know the forum structure.
Same for using Home to check what the current NC for your device is.

What is NC? Which Home?

And it is very hard to oversee the red stickies - so read them and you'll find the current map versions.

What are red stickies?

I may be an old soul on these boards but my preferred satnav is the Igo Primo (Which I am pretty confident with) therefore, Tomtom is just a little play around I honestly do not understand what you have written? home,red stickies,NC? I know you think I should understand but...............:confused::confused:
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby carman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:46 pm

marcy99 wrote:I have a TomTom Go 730. the navcore it is running at the moment is version 8.412 Is there an updated navcore I should be using? Lastly, which is the latest UK map for this device? I have had a look at the chart and it looks like I should be using 895.4437 can you confirm this?

NC = Navcore. Would suggest 9.465
UK map. Latest would be 900.4602.

Good luck
carman offline

Postby marcy99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:14 pm

carman wrote:NC = Navcore. Would suggest 9.465
UK map. Latest would be 900.4602.

Can I ask how you know this? I have looked at the chart but I don't really understand it? can you explain me. :clap:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 pm

marcy99 wrote:Can I ask how you know this? I have looked at the chart but I don't really understand it? can you explain me. :clap:

Navcore 9.465 is the current official navcore for a GO 730.

UK&ROI 900.4602 is the current official full featured map for a GO 730.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm

tendriver wrote:Navcore 9.465 is the current official navcore for a GO 730.

UK&ROI 900.4602 is the current official full featured map for a GO 730.

I have been having a look around today and I think I have got it. However, I still can't find these red stickies, or Home? Anyway I will download all the necessary files and have a play around. The only part I am confused about is the changing of the 2 lines on one of the files to stop TTHOME installing a file. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Gracias.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:35 pm

marcy99 wrote:Can I ask how you know this? I have looked at the chart but I don't really understand it? can you explain me

Maps are navcore specific, rather than device specific. The rows are the map versions for the map Edition that the chart is supporting. The columns are the various navcores in use (not all navcores are listed. If you don't see yours, read between the lines of the navcores that are older & newer than yours. If the point, where a row & a column cross, has a Y in a green box, then that navcore/map combination is compatible.

marcy99 wrote:The only part I am confused about is the changing of the 2 lines on one of the files to stop TTHOME installing a file. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Gracias.

Why do you want to stop TT Home from installing a file?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 am

tendriver wrote:Maps are navcore specific, rather than device specific. The rows are the map versions for the map Edition that the chart is supporting. The columns are the various navcores in use

I understand thanks for explaining me

Why do you want to stop TT Home from installing a file?

I have read on a thread it says and I quote

To prevent TT Home from downloading & installing Navcore 9.465
Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
ApplicationVersion=1074274.1
Save this change by clicking "File" in the upper left corner of windows explorer, then "Save as" ttgo.bak. At this point, there is only a ttgo.bak file in the root, no ttgo.bif.
Disconnect & reboot. Now you will have a ttgo.bak, a ttgo.bif & a ttgo.ori file in the root & no TT Home upgrade to Navcore 9.465.

Thanks for the information.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 am

I'm out here as I don't like the feeling of beeing fooled.
What is NC? Which Home?
What are red stickies?
Can I ask how you know this?
After over two years here this is either a very bad joke or shows complete ignorance of out forum structure, the tutorials and the search function.
Anyone witha Tomtom not knowing what Home is can't be taken too serious IMHO
And that a Navcore could be shortened to NC is just too hard and complicated to guess...
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby marcy99 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 am

shows complete ignorance of forum structure, the tutorials and the search function.
Anyone with a Tomtom not knowing what 'Home' is can't be taken too serious IMHO
And that a Navcore could be shortened to NC is just too hard and complicated to guess...

Just because I am not aware of the abbreviations doesn't mean that you need to write such hurtful comments. I work in banking where there are many acronyms and slang I don't expect you to know them just because you have a bank account. I have used the search function and I have been reading the tutorials but that doesn't mean I know all the short codes and slang that go along with it?

I empathize with you I do as I too am a moderator on another forum completely different style to this one. I too get asked the same question(s) each day. we are there together as a community to help educate and teach each other, that is what makes a good community forum no?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 am

It was not meant to be hurtful, but if you check only a few postings and a tiny bit in our forum/tutorials all should be pretty clear.
I could understand such questions from a total noob in a hurry but not a long term member.
The 730 is one of the easiest devices TT produced and with only a little bit of help on the users side there should never be a problem with simple things like NC installation or adding a map.
Nothing has changed since you opened this thread, apart from a newer Navcore and maps - the procedure is exactly the same!
So if you like it or not I expect a bit more from someone that already updated his device - even if it is just to inform himself ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby marcy99 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm

None of my TTS loquendo voice files are showing even though I have extracted the rars and patched them? please advise last step and then I am sorted.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Not showing in the menu or greayed out?
Greyed out could mean you need to apply the TTS patch.
But it also depends on the emulation used, if it does not TTS it simply won't work.
But the HS/MB+HS versions should help.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Otherwise download the 9.465 from Home,
patch it and add a map.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom