Tom Tom Go 730 Can it be updated?   

Tom Tom Go 730 Can it be updated?

Postby marcy99 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm

I thought it best to start a new thread as its a different device I need help with, I hope this is ok.

I have a TomTom Go 730. the navcore it is running at the moment is version 8.351. Is there a navcore I can use that will install all the latest software such as fuel, TTS and other various bits and pieces. Also which is the latest UK map for this device it is saying that this one is out of date.

Edit: - This one looks a little different, there are no system files or folders on the SD card, I can only assume they are hard coded on the device.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated as always.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Macca-009 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:49 pm

marcy99 wrote:there are no system files or folders on the SD card, I can only assume they are hard coded on the device

Hi - The 730 comes with 1GB, 2GB or 4GB of internal storage which will have the navcore and probably a map installed. If you connect it to your pc with a usb cable, you'll see the two seperate drives: the internal memory and the sd-card.

Use the chart in the 870 maps 'sticky' to find which map versions are compatible with your navcore and what features they have. If you still think you want to change the navcore after studying the chart, it will guide you in the right direction based on what features you need/want. No doubt the more experienced guys on here will help you with detailed info, but if you read the existing material CAREFULLY, it really isn't difficult and the 730 can manage just about all the advanced features.

Macca
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:22 pm

marcy99 wrote:I thought it best to start a new thread as its a different device I need help with, I hope this is ok.

1. I have a TomTom Go 730. the navcore it is running at the moment is version 8.351.
2. Is there a navcore I can use that will install all the latest software such as fuel, TTS and other various bits and pieces.
3. Also which is the latest UK map for this device it is saying that this one is out of date.

4. Edit: - This one looks a little different, there are no system files or folders on the SD card, I can only assume they are hard coded on the device.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated as always.

1. 8.351 is the current navcore for the 730
2. 8.351 does it all. Stick with it for now.
3. Copy the entire UK 3406 map folder from the Classic to the 730 internal memory. Open the UK 3406 folder on the 730 & delete all of the .dct files in it. Run FastActivate to patch the navcore & map. Doing it this way, you will not have to reload & patch the cams, fuel etc.
4. The 730 uses the internal memory as primary. You should find the navcore files & folders there.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Slight problem, I have reloaded the back up that I took of the version 8.351 and put that back in to the device, I have installed the 3406 UK map from fresh (as I have given back the Go classic) but when I switch the device on it says I cannot use this map even though I have patched it and there is a meta file on the SD card? there must be something in the original files that I am missing. The funny thing is I had already put the navcore version 8412 and it was running fine, but changed it because your the expert in these mattes. Any idea why it won;t allow me to put the 3406 map on ?
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I am part of the contribution community - I have donated, have you? [/size][/font] :naughty:
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 pm

marcy99 wrote:Slight problem, I have reloaded the back up that I took of the version 8.351 and put that back in to the device, I have installed the 3406 UK map from fresh (as I have given back the Go classic) but when I switch the device on it says I cannot use this map even though I have patched it and there is a meta file on the SD card? there must be something in the original files that I am missing. The funny thing is I had already put the navcore version 8412 and it was running fine, but changed it because your the expert in these mattes. Any idea why it won;t allow me to put the 3406 map on ?

Since 8.412 was running fine, load it back on.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:36 am

All working now, one last thing, do TTS LOQUENDO voices work with the GO 730 if so which version does it support?
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm

marcy99 wrote:All working now, one last thing,
1. do TTS LOQUENDO voices work with the GO 730
2. if so which version does it support?

1. Yes
2. All versions. V7 is current.

You should be able to download & install LoquendoTTS voices with TT Home, "Add Traffic, Voices, Safety cams, etc", Voices, Computer Voices.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby marcy99 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:25 am

All working now, thanks awfully for your help once again, another query dealt with and solved.
marcy99 offline

V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 pm

marcy99 wrote:All working now, thanks awfully for your help once again, another query dealt with and solved.

You are Welcome, again. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom