Post a reply

TMC in TomTom Carminat does not work anymore

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:54 pm

TMC used to work fine for 14 months, but 5 weeks ago automatic TMC stopped working. The green dot is still there, but no traffic information is shown.
My Renault dealer solved it by using the manual option, but a manual frequency works for some hours, then it drops, and the next day I have to enter a new manual frequency again.:mad:
Especially during the holidays I want to have an automatic TMC frequency being chosen.

Any clues?

Thanks,

driver

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:50 am

Should be under warranty and you dealer should sort it out with TT.
Seems to me like the TMC code tables are missing - or did you install a new map by any chance?
Check in your map folder for the files "tmccodes.dat" "traffic.dat" and "tmctable.ttd" - if they are missing you will have trouble with TMC, same if the files are damaged.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:13 am

All those files are present. I did install a new map (870), but TMC did work right after that for 2-3 weeks. Also when using my old map TMC does not work properly, or using another new 870 map it does not work correctly.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:22 am

Sound like a faulty TMC module in that case.
I don't know if the antenna is build in, comes from the radio or is seperate, but I suggest you tell your dealer about it.
They sgould be able to check it and if necessary replace the unt.
Post a reply