The map on my TomTOm XL IQ Routes 340 is gone, what do I do?   

The map on my TomTOm XL IQ Routes 340 is gone, what do I do?

Postby xAnDeinerSeitex » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:04 am

Igot a TomTom XL IQ Routes 340 for Christmas today, and for fun, I took it on a joyride. After the initial set-up, I had my map, and my TomTom worked just fine - it got me to and from where I needed to go.

I got home and decided I wanted some new voices, so I plugged it into my computer and installed TomTom Home. It told me it wanted to update my map of Canada, The US, and Mexico, so I let it install the update. It downloaded the update just fine, but froze about halfway through installing it onto my actual TomTom.

The entire update froze, and I couldn't do anything. I waited for about an hour for it to unfreeze, but it stayed frozen, so I had no choice but to close the updater. I figured I would update it later, so I took my TomTom and went to use it on the way to a party.

Except, when I turned on my TomTom, it says it can no longer find any maps.

I never purposely deleted the map, it just somehow vanished as a result of my canceling the update for it.

How do I go about getting it back? Because right now, my TomTom is essentially useless, and it's getting me really aggravated.
xAnDeinerSeitex offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:28 am

xAnDeinerSeitex wrote:Igot a TomTom XL IQ Routes 340 for Christmas today, and for fun, I took it on a joyride. After the initial set-up, I had my map, and my TomTom worked just fine - it got me to and from where I needed to go.

I got home and decided I wanted some new voices, so I plugged it into my computer and installed TomTom Home. It told me it wanted to update my map of Canada, The US, and Mexico, so I let it install the update. It downloaded the update just fine, but froze about halfway through installing it onto my actual TomTom.

The entire update froze, and I couldn't do anything. I waited for about an hour for it to unfreeze, but it stayed frozen, so I had no choice but to close the updater. I figured I would update it later, so I took my TomTom and went to use it on the way to a party.

Except, when I turned on my TomTom, it says it can no longer find any maps.

I never purposely deleted the map, it just somehow vanished as a result of my canceling the update for it.

How do I go about getting it back? Because right now, my TomTom is essentially useless, and it's getting me really aggravated.

Connect the 340 to your puter. Start TT Home & run "Update my device".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom