Tendriver's wisdom sought ...   

Tendriver's wisdom sought ...

Postby Macca-009 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi td,
I just returned to the site after a long period of absense and non TomTom updating! Glad to see that you're recovering from the downtime a couple of months back.

Among others, I run a GO930 with NC 9.205 and while I know I could 'update' to a newer 'official' NC, I don't wish to - I like 9.205! But, that means that I each time I connect to TTHome, it won't let me do a gpsfix update without also updating the NC ... SO.. I thought "ahhh, I recall that there's a standalone GPSFix updater on NaviTotal". So I find it in the 'Tools' area ... Hmmmm.... problem: My Macafee reports a Trojan virus in the download and denies access to it. I am aware of the 'false positive' that FastActivate triggers and can overcome that, but this is different.

So... an alternative solution... I recall that there is a way of preventing a TomTom NC update by fooling their system into thinking that the latest NC is already installed, yes?

Your wisdom in these matters is beyond any acclaim that I might bestow and I'm hoping that this small measure of flattery might prompt you to suggest what numbers are needed and where... :)

Maps were successfully updated btw, I hadn't forgotten how to do that at least! It does appear that I cannot PM tho'...

Macca (yup, still alive [though not so well] and making a nuisance of himself)
Last edited by Macca-009 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Re: Tendriver's wisdom sought ...

Postby Macca-009 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:12 am

I underestimated the power of the human brain... well ok, MY brain ..

I've changed the application version in the ttgo.bif and .bak files to 9510 and left the .ori as was ... and as you will of course know, it solved my problem...

Thanks anyway td ... for training me as well as you have over the years... and for just "being there" :023: :023: :023:
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Re: Tendriver's wisdom sought ...

Postby tendriver » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 am

Macca-009 wrote:1. I've changed the application version in the ttgo.bif and .bak files to 9510 and left the .ori as was ... and as you will of course know, it solved my problem...

2. Thanks anyway td ... for training me as well as you have over the years... and for just "being there"

Even though "you got er done", the correct procedure for next time is:
1. Open your ttgo.bif file.
2. Change the NC values in lines 9 &10 to the NC values of the device's official NC.
Example:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351 is changed to: ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9510
ApplicationVersion=9982 is changed to: ApplicationVersion=516023
3. Close the file & rename it ttgo.bak. You should now have a ttgo.bak file ONLY. NO ttgo.bif or ttgo.ori files!!
4. Disconnect & reboot. You should now have a ttgo.bak file, a ttgo.bif file, identical to the ttgo.bak file & a ttgo.ori file with the actual installed NC values in lines 9 & 0.
5. Done. TT Home will not whine about your NC again.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom