Switch to Night Colors When Dark   

Switch to Night Colors When Dark

Postby SHO_GuN » Sun May 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Does anyone know what file controls this and if it can be easily manipulated?

If have a GO 730 using Navcore 9.205.547817.1 OS 547200.

In X30 mode, the "switch to night colors when dark" function works as I like it to, it switches based on the light level using the built in light sensor.

However, when it is in X40 mode (the mode that has all the features and "look" I like), it does NOT use the light sensor, but switches based on the time of day - a feature I don't like at all.

Any infomation on making it use the light sensor in X40 mode would be much appreciated.

Thanks
SHO_GuN offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 pm

These are the downsides of using Navcores that are not meant to used on a device.
X30 is the native mode and since X40 models don't have a light sensor it can only work using a time sync.
So it is either X30 mode for your sensor or you have to check if one o BMWDRIVER's Navcores can make it work.
I personally don't bother as I use the voice command whenever I want to switch.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby SHO_GuN » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks for the input.

I found THIS POST where bmwdriver recommends NavCore 9.051 for the GO X30 (and provides a download link).

I only noticed a few differences:

9.205 will only send music to FM, instructions still play over the TT speaker, though it does mute the music while talking.
9.051 sends music and instructions to FM.

9.205 uses time-of-day to control brightness.
9.051 uses the built in sensor as I prefer.

9.205 has full voice "Command and Control".
9.051 only has "Navigate to spoken address".

I also figured out through trial and error that the file that controls the day/night switching is ttsystem, not an individual file as I had hoped.

So I guess I will stay with 9.205 as I can live with the TT speaker being used for instructions and I much prefer the full voice command versus only having navigate to spoken address. I do like day/night switching via the light sensor, but switching by voice command beats giving up voice command and control for me. 9.051 with full voice command would be my perfect NavCore, but we all know you can't have your cake and eat it too:naughty:

Thanks again for the input.
SHO_GuN offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom