street speaking names   

street speaking names

Postby kevingrieves » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:20 pm

hello everyone, i have a tomtom xl iq2 with street speaking on, when i have updated the maps the street speaking voices doesnt work. is that because its not a map downloaded from tomtom. if it should still work does anybody know how to put them back on. thanks for all the tutorials everybody does coz i knew nothing about satnavs until u guys showed me the simple things to do.
kevingrieves offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:26 pm

kevingrieves wrote:hello everyone, i have a tomtom xl iq2 with street speaking on, when i have updated the maps the street speaking voices doesnt work. is that because its not a map downloaded from tomtom. if it should still work does anybody know how to put them back on. thanks for all the tutorials everybody does coz i knew nothing about satnavs until u guys showed me the simple things to do.

Merely changing your map should not cause your unit to lose it's voice!! What was your original navcore, map & voice setup? What is your current navcore, map & voice setup?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kevingrieves » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:08 pm

hello tendriver, sorry for not getting back earlier, the navcore was 9.151 and map was 865.3245. and never changed voices. is it loquendo TTS? not sure bout voice set-up. all i changed is the map up to 880.3810. put some voices in folder i.e homer and ozzy. fast activated the map and voices then everything worked except street speaking. if its a pain i will just listen to any voice. thanks for your reply
kevingrieves offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:23 pm

kevingrieves wrote:hello tendriver, sorry for not getting back earlier, the navcore was 9.151 and map was 865.3245. and never changed voices. is it loquendo TTS? not sure bout voice set-up. all i changed is the map up to 880.3810. put some voices in folder i.e homer and ozzy. fast activated the map and voices then everything worked except street speaking. if its a pain i will just listen to any voice. thanks for your reply

Computer voices (LoquendoTTS) are required to speak street names. Homer & Ozzy are not computer voices.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kevingrieves » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 am

i think you got the wrong way i said it, the only voices i added was homer and ozzy, i know they dont say street names, but kate and simon does, when i go to change voices and select them, when i test them there isnt any sound coming from them, while all the other voices work. i went back to an old save on the computer and restored everything. the voices work now and im gonna change the map later. thanks for the help and quick replies.
kevingrieves offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:49 am

kevingrieves wrote:i think you got the wrong way i said it, the only voices i added was homer and ozzy, i know they dont say street names, but kate and simon does, when i go to change voices and select them, when i test them there isnt any sound coming from them, while all the other voices work. i went back to an old save on the computer and restored everything. the voices work now and im gonna change the map later. thanks for the help and quick replies.

As I said in post 2, "Merely changing your map should not cause your unit to lose it's voice!!"
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom