Startup preferences / change start-up image / daytime nightt   

Startup preferences / change start-up image / daytime nightt

Postby deboopi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm running a navcore 9.053.520930.1 on a TomTom One XL Live IQ Routes.
I'm trying to change the boot image (I know how to do this by changing the splashw.bmp) but there's another way that does not seem to work.
In this navcore I'm running in X30 mode.
When I go to Change preferences on the fifth window I can change the Start-up preferences, the second window then asks me if I wish to change the start-up image but when I click Yes it tells me there are no images available.
I tried putting images of the correct size and color depth in the root and in the art subdirectory but up to now without any luck.
Does anybody know where to put those images?

Another question about the switching between day and night colors.
On a tomtom go one xl this should be based on a date table but I'm running in X30 mode and then the X30 should be based on the light sensor in the device.
Anyway the daytime / nighttime color scheme does not switch automatically, anybody a solution for this too?
deboopi offline

Postby ludespeedny » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm

I am running my tomotom one in x50 mode and have the option to automatically switch modes, you might want to try that.

Also for my startup images, I have them in my /photos directory and my device can see them from there, so try putting them in that location and see if it works.
ludespeedny offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm

deboopi wrote:I'm running a navcore 9.053.520930.1 on a TomTom One XL Live IQ Routes.
I'm trying to change the boot image (I know how to do this by changing the splashw.bmp) but there's another way that does not seem to work.
In this navcore I'm running in X30 mode.
When I go to Change preferences on the fifth window I can change the Start-up preferences, the second window then asks me if I wish to change the start-up image but when I click Yes it tells me there are no images available.
I tried putting images of the correct size and color depth in the root and in the art subdirectory but up to now without any luck.
1. Does anybody know where to put those images?

Another question about the switching between day and night colors.
On a tomtom go one xl this should be based on a date table but I'm running in X30 mode and then the X30 should be based on the light sensor in the device.
2. Anyway the daytime / nighttime color scheme does not switch automatically, anybody a solution for this too?

1. Save your image as a .bmp file & copy it to the photo folder in the root. Create the folder, if necessary.
2. Set the mode to x50.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby deboopi » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Ok thanks this works, I can select splash images and I can set the device to switch day and night colors, now I still need to see if this switch works.
deboopi offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:08 pm

deboopi wrote:I still need to see if this switch works

I guarantee you, that it does.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby deboopi » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Well it doesn't. I can tick the checkmark to switch automatically between day and night colors but the color scheme remains the same until I switch it manually.
Anybody an idea how to enable the autoswitching?
deboopi offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 am

deboopi wrote:Well it doesn't. I can tick the checkmark to switch automatically between day and night colors but the color scheme remains the same until I switch it manually.
Anybody an idea how to enable the autoswitching?

Au contraire, mon frere. It does work, if you use the .cab with only the SE ttsystem & PNDNavigator files in the .rar download + set x50. Auto dim functions on every 9.XXX navcore posted on Navitotal, that I have tested, using emu x50.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom