Srs problem with gps software   

Srs problem with gps software

Postby bROLLY » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 pm

So a friend gave me his tomtom go 730 to update his maps.

he told me it had some problem and and had no battery.

so i came home and the first thing i see once i opened the box was i saw the sd card was upside down and was forced to go inside the gps. i fit the cable into the gps and my pc to recharge
and the light of the screen is fully dark i cant barely see a thing and all that shows up is the gps picture or sd moving card and some times the screen blinks and gets the original light screen that should be having.

once connected i went to my pc and check the memory or the gps and sd card and its all empty there is nothing inside,

is there a way to fix this, or there is no way to fix this gps?

What i mean is tomtom software+update maps+ fixing screen light.. since its all dark..

Can this gps still have a change to be fixed? or should i tell him to get a new one? Because he is about to do 5000km's.. i dunno how much that is in miles.

Thank you for reading who ever is going to try and help me out with this, and if you need something like printscreens or pictures to see the light screen, just say!

Cheers
bROLLY offline

Postby bROLLY » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:35 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I know that probably the ligh screen died... But if theres a chance of fixing it with home maid tools..
bROLLY offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 am

Only if you get a replacement screen - if the screen is the problem and not the motherboard itself.
For the rest you simply update with TT Home, add a map from the 915 map thread and use FastActivate to patch Navcore and activate the maps.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bROLLY » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:31 pm

The screen light is very dark, and it blinks many times, That is why im not sure if is possible to fix it with home made tools, The thing that is broken is the screen light that gives light to the screen, the screen itself is ok. It is just the light.
bROLLY offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:06 pm

If the rest still works and you can see something on the screen, I would check Ebay for a new screen including the digitizer.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bROLLY » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Yes it is only the screen that is dark the rest and sometimes goes back to normal with the normal light that all gps have.. and the rest is all ok, everything works fine.

Also this is always happening when i turn it on

bROLLY offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom