spoken street names   

spoken street names

Postby kevingrieves » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

hope some1 can help me, i updated on tomtom home my xl2 iq, and now when i go to voices and pick the ones that speak street names now doesnt work. every other voices work apart from the ones that speak streets. done a restore via tomtom home and its still the same. even re-installed from a back up and its still the same. its not a must have on the nav but i do use it quite often. thanks
kevingrieves offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

kevingrieves wrote:hope some1 can help me, i updated on tomtom home my xl2 iq, and now when i go to voices and pick the ones that speak street names now doesnt work. every other voices work apart from the ones that speak streets. done a restore via tomtom home and its still the same. even re-installed from a back up and its still the same. its not a must have on the nav but i do use it quite often. thanks

Wha did TT Home update? Have you checked for correct settings in Main Menu, Change Preferences? What voices work & don't work?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kevingrieves » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm

cheers for the reply.tthome updated me navcore to 9.151 from 9.150. all voices that say turn left after 300 yards etc, they work no bother and speed camera alerts + originals that came with the sat nav, just voices that say streetnames. the loquendo tts is in the root and in that the names that say street names. when i go to change voices to kate and simon (speaks street names) and press test, there is no sound. if it cant be fixed i will just use ordinary voices. thanks anyway kevin
kevingrieves offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:47 pm

kevingrieves wrote:cheers for the reply.tthome updated me navcore to 9.151 from 9.150. all voices that say turn left after 300 yards etc, they work no bother and speed camera alerts + originals that came with the sat nav, just voices that say streetnames. the loquendo tts is in the root and in that the names that say street names. when i go to change voices to kate and simon (speaks street names) and press test, there is no sound. if it cant be fixed i will just use ordinary voices. thanks anyway kevin

I've never seen a case where upgrading a navcore thru TT Home has caused a sound problem or any other type problem.
You mentioned a backup. Was there a reason for creating one?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kevingrieves » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm

its something that i always do, just incase something goes wrong. its no biggie i will just use the normal voices. thanks for everything tho
kevingrieves offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:27 pm

Good luck.........

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom