Speedcams issue   

Speedcams issue

Postby cista » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi here is my issue. I own Tom Tom XLv2 navicore 9,401 Bootloader 55274 Map Europe South 1GB 885.4058
I put Map and speedcams togher in the same folder on the device. I run fastactivate that found everything (map and on speedcams says OK). I patch the navicore than restart the device...THE MAP is fine works.....but the speedcams don't show up (obiviously I put ON the "ALERT" button).

Any help will be apreciated

BYE
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 pm

cista wrote:Hi here is my issue. I own Tom Tom XLv2 navicore 9,401 Bootloader 55274 Map Europe South 1GB 885.4058
I put Map and speedcams togher in the same folder on the device. I run fastactivate that found everything (map and on speedcams says OK). I patch the navicore than restart the device...THE MAP is fine works.....but the speedcams don't show up (obiviously I put ON the "ALERT" button).
Any help will be apreciated
BYE

TT speedcams only show up on an active route. Plan a route past know speedcam locations, then run the route as a DEMO. The cams SHOULD show up in it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby redbull420 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:54 pm

I just had a similar problem on mine. Even though everything patched it seemed it could not see the fixed camera a mile away from where I live.
I went into the tomtom settings for camera alerts and turned all of the options on and set the same alarm tone for all. I know it sounds obvious but on my settings fixed and mobile cameras were enabled so it would seem for a fixed camera on a main A road near me for some reason it had a different class.
It was only the ones at the bottom of the settings list that were not set with a sound.
I did a fresh install onto a memory card, Map cameras the lot. So just perhaps yours is having the same issue.
What Tendriver says is also worth while as that is how I tested mine but just doing a demo run, however on my Go520 if I ran the demo at 420 speed it would not sound the alarms just show them on the map. I slowed to 300 and it sounded the alarm. Closely followed next day by a road test on the way to work.

good luck
redbull420 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom