No sound on new map install - Go 720   

No sound on new map install - Go 720

Postby Sinto » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi, first, a big thanks to all who took the time to write guides and tutorials.
After reading through them for a couple of days, I decided to have a go at installing a new map on a separate memory card.
All went well, apart from one problem, no sound at all on the new map. There is a slight 'pop' noise when the unit starts up, but after that, nothing. The map itself is fine, I've had a good look around on it, and tried using the settings to change the sound options
If I remove the memory card, and run off the original maps, everything is as it should be.
Do I need to change the navcore on the original map, or copy/paste any sounds to the memory card

Thanks

Andy

Specs are as follows

TomTom Go 720 (internal memory - original maps)

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 720
DeviceVersionHW=GO 720
BootLoaderVersion=55120
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
CurrentMap=Western_Europe
CurrentMapVersion=720.1803
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

SDHC Card

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 720
DeviceVersionHW=GO 720
BootLoaderVersion=55120
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9150
ApplicationVersion=554646.2
CurrentMap=Western_and_Central_Europe
CurrentMapVersion=865.3246
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
This was activated with the Autoactivate.exe that came with the navcore http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation
Sinto offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Sinto wrote:Hi, first, a big thanks to all who took the time to write guides and tutorials. After reading through them for a couple of days, I decided to have a go at installing a new map on a separate memory card. All went well, apart from one problem, no sound at all on the new map. There is a slight 'pop' noise when the unit starts up, but after that, nothing. The map itself is fine, I've had a good look around on it, and tried using the settings to change the sound options If I remove the memory card, and run off the original maps, everything is as it should be. Do I need to change the navcore on the original map, or copy/paste any sounds to the memory card

If you just want a new map, then remove the navcore from the card & run the map on the card with the internal navcore. BTW, not only is W&C Europe 865.3246 outdated, but it is the wrong version for your unit. W&C Europe 870.3406 is the current full verion map for a 720.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Sinto » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Ahh, thanks for that, I'll have a look for that map, cheers
Obviously hadn't read as much as I thought I had :)
Sinto offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Sinto wrote:Ahh, thanks for that, I'll have a look for that map, cheers

Western_and_Central_Europe_870.3406 (2.4GB) OR [Please Register or Login to download file]
; Western_and_Central_Europe v870.3406
4D A0 0B 53 0A B1 91 5F 1A 59 71 E8 9F 52 CD 9D Western_and_Central_Europe-335.meta
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Giuliano69 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:09 am

thanks tendriver for your information
Considering the thread
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5508-Best-NavCore-for-Go-x10-Go-x20-and-Go-x30
where it was indicated the NC 9051 as the best for the series gox20, should we update the NC 8.351 that comes as the last upddate of the TThome ?
Should the map 870.3406 still be compatible ? if not, HOW to choose the right one =?

thanks in advance
Giuliano69 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Giuliano69 wrote:thanks tendriver for your information
Considering the thread
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5508-Best-NavCore-for-Go-x10-Go-x20-and-Go-x30
where it was indicated the NC 9051 as the best for the series gox20, should we update the NC 8.351 that comes as the last upddate of the TThome ?
Should the map 870.3406 still be compatible ? if not, HOW to choose the right one =?

thanks in advance

That post is just 1 member's opinion.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Giuliano69 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:55 am

Hi tendriver,
I downloaded the "autoinstaller and patch 870.34-06" of your link to the PC;
added the ttgo.bif on a fresh new SDHC 4Gb
Launched the installer from the PC HD , that connected to the internet and said everything was ok.
Inserted in TT720 the card, tried to change the maps but got an error : "You cannot use Western_and_Central_Europe-335"
(the NC is still on the internal card, with the western map)

So removed the sd from TT720
dowloaded the Fastactivate Premium on the Sdcard, downloaded the meta.txt, patched the maps on the sdcard.
Reinserted the card in TT and got same error.

I can see in the SD the Western_and_Central_Europe-335.meta.dct has changed last time write.

What am I missing ? the NC version seems right ....

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom GO 720
DeviceVersionHW=GO 720
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20090518
BootLoaderVersion=55120
LinuxVersion=315187
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
UserLanguage=Italiano
UserName=
Giuliano69 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 am

Giuliano69 wrote:Hi tendriver,
1. I downloaded the "autoinstaller and patch 870.34-06" of your link to the PC; added the ttgo.bif on a fresh new SDHC 4Gb Launched the installer from the PC HD , that connected to the internet and said everything was ok.
2. Inserted in TT720 the card, tried to change the maps but got an error : "You cannot use Western_and_Central_Europe-335" (the NC is still on the internal card, with the western map)
3. So removed the sd from TT720 dowloaded the Fastactivate Premium on the Sdcard, downloaded the meta.txt, patched the maps on the sdcard. Reinserted the card in TT and got same error.
4. What am I missing ? the NC version seems right ....

1. OK, except the patcher doesn't connect to the internet.
2. That's not good.
3. This was unnecessary. The auto installer auto-patches the map, during the installation process.
4. You are missing the fact that you must also patch the navcore & your old map.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Giuliano69 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:31 am

I noticed that some file on the internal SD are damaged (license .doc) so I preferred to copy the whole navcore (except from the old Western map) to the SD
(I would prefer if I could leave the internal untouched avoiding some lopp because of non wrinting sector..... if it is possible of course...)
Then I patched the SD (and only the SD, not the internal SD) with FastActivate

What happened was that rebooting the the go720 reconized the new map, but has NO SOUND.
Even the menu for the vocal COMMAND are disabled. (same situation as sinto)

The same happened when I downloaded the NC 8.351 MODIFIED on the SD from
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?942-Navcore-V8

I was surprised that the system still "sees" the internal western map and it askme at boot time to choose from the two maps..
so the sd does or does not substiture the internal ram at boot time ?
Why the voice AND vocal recognition are disabled ?
Is the only solution to modify/patch the original (and internal) NC installation on the internal SD ?

thanks for your kind help|
Giuliano69 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:19 am

If you download a new Navcore and install it on an empty device, no voices at all are included, same for Voice commands.
I don't know if you included at least one normal voice, but it would be an explanation why your device is silent.
For the voice commands you'll need a support_asr.dat file inside the ASR folder.
If you still have a backup of your original installation, copy the voices and LoquendoTTS folder to your new setup and try again.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 am

Giuliano69 wrote:1. I noticed that some file on the internal SD are damaged (license .doc) so I preferred to copy the whole navcore (except from the old Western map) to the SD
(I would prefer if I could leave the internal untouched avoiding some lopp because of non wrinting sector..... if it is possible of course...)
Then I patched the SD (and only the SD, not the internal SD) with FastActivate

2. What happened was that rebooting the the go720 reconized the new map, but has NO SOUND.
Even the menu for the vocal COMMAND are disabled. (same situation as sinto)

3. The same happened when I downloaded the NC 8.351 MODIFIED on the SD from
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?942-Navcore-V8

4. I was surprised that the system still "sees" the internal western map and it askme at boot time to choose from the two maps..
so the sd does or does not substiture the internal ram at boot time ?
5. Why the voice AND vocal recognition are disabled ?
6. Is the only solution to modify/patch the original (and internal) NC installation on the internal SD ?

1. No problem.
2. Well explained by Downunder.
3. Same answer as #2.
4. No reason to be surprised. The navcore on a SD card with a full set-up becomes the default navcore when the card is inserted. In this configuration, the internal memory & the card are not isolated from each other.
The controlling navcore can "look across" to the other memory for things that it can use, ie maps, music & voices. Boot your 720 with the card installed. GO: Main Menu, Chance preferences, voices, Change voice & the voices on the internal memory should be available.
5. Same answer as #2.
6. NO.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Giuliano69 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:42 am

thanks for the support.
When I copied the actual NC from the internal to the SD card, I copied all files and directory.
I chechek now the files/dir
/voices
/loquendo
/ASR/support_asr.dat
and everything is corresponding with the original NC

The even more strange thing is that if I remove the SD card (with a "clone" copy of the NC of the internal) the voices and sound "reappears".

PS-- addendum
I noticed now that with the new SD
if a ask a destination, the system let me enter the complete destination, but then the response is "No path found".
Nor the blue-tooth is activated
Giuliano69 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:11 pm

As I recall you said something of corrupted files earlier.
If you use a copy of your internal memory (with the errors on it) it is most likely that some files could not be copied correctly.
If you want to stay with the 8.351 I suggest you only put a copy of your ttgo.bif (the one from the original Navore) on the SD and use a card reader to update through Home until the 8.351 is installed.
Add the voices of your choice with Home (you can add premium voices from the forum later).
Copy the map folder on it and use FastActivate to patch the Navcore, if the map is not activated do that too.
Now the SD should work as normal in your TT with the new map.
If you like add other content now but make a backup using the Windows Explorer first.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom