Some help needed please [Solved]   

Some help needed please [Solved]

Postby Tramshed64 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi all, I need some help please.
I have a Tom tom Go 630 which I use as a truck sat nav.
It has an SD card which I assume it boots from as it goes straight to a Truck Sat Nav.
All I am looking to do is update the maps, correct me if i'm wrong but I assume all i should have to do is download the latest maps (all 14 parts?) and replace the folder on the sd card which contains the current maps?
I have tried to download from the links on this forum but don't seem to be able to. The links redirect me to the file factory but when i click on download it does'nt download. Have tried with firefox same result, am i missing out an obvious step?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Tramshed64 offline

Re: Some help needed please

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Tramshed64 wrote:1. I have a Tom tom Go 630 which I use as a truck sat nav.It has an SD card which I assume it boots from as it goes straight to a Truck Sat Nav.
2. All I am looking to do is update the maps, correct me if i'm wrong but I assume all i should have to do is download the latest maps (all 14 parts?) and replace the folder on the sd card which contains the current maps?
3. I have tried to download from the links on this forum but don't seem to be able to. The links redirect me to the file factory but when i click on download it does'nt download.

1. The internal is always the default, unless you have a complete setup on a SDHC card, then the external is the default, regardless of what is on the internal.
2. Yep. Old map folder out, new map folder in. Patch map & navcore [if not already patched] with FastActivate options 2 & 3. Done.
3. If you scroll down to the red & green download buttons & click the red button, you should get a 60 second timer. When it zeros out, you should get a single red download button to start the download.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tramshed64 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 am

Hi thanks for your reply will try again tonight.
I am new to this so forgive these next questions if they are obvious I just want to get it right

Does the red download button download all 14 parts?

I assume my sd card has a full version on it as it boots straight to a truck sat nav in which case would it already be patched and if so would patching it again cause any problems?

If I download the autoinstaller and patcher is this easier and would I still need to use fast active?

Also do I need to delete the existing maps folder before installing the new one?
Thanks
Tramshed64 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Tramshed64 wrote:1. Does the red download button download all 14 parts?
2. I assume my sd card has a full version on it as it boots straight to a truck sat nav in which case would it already be patched and if so would patching it again cause any problems?
3. If I download the autoinstaller and patcher is this easier and would I still need to use fast active?
4. Also do I need to delete the existing maps folder before installing the new one?
Thanks

1. No. You download 1 part at a time or you can set up JDownloader to download 1 part at a time for you.
2. Maybe, maybe not. No.
3. Yes, if the navcore is not patched.
4. I would cut & paste it to my desktop, until I had the new map running.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tramshed64 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:16 am

So have sorted out downloading maps, and fast active.but must be doing something wrong still as tom tom gives message cannot use this map on this device. Should I run fast active from the maps folder or the sd root or is there another step I've missed?
Am I trying to install the wrong navcore version for my tomtom if so how do I check which is the right one?
Tramshed64 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:53 am

Tramshed64 wrote:1. tom tom gives message cannot use this map on this device.
2. Am I trying to install the wrong navcore version for my tomtom

1. This is the classic message when a map has not been successfully patched. If you are trying to use a truck map [Europe Truck 960.7082 is current], open the map folder and look for a .meta.dct & a .tmeta.dct file. If they are missing, put FastActivate & a copy of your device's ttgo.bif file in the map folder. Run option 2. If not a truck map, just look for a .meta.dct file.
2. Truck navcore 9.702 is current & is required for Truck 960.7082.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tramshed64 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi there tendriver, thank you so much for your help followed your instructions and its working ok very gratefull for your time thanks
Tramshed64 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Tramshed64 wrote:thank you so much for your help

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!!

:thread_solved:
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom