Solution to TT Home version   

Solution to TT Home version

Postby Orni » Sat May 07, 2011 5:34 pm

First apologize because I am Spanish and this is translated by google

This version of the Home when it NavCore update to install on the GPS, it remains to remove the flag and I will put yes or yes. If you leave NavCore install, you lose what you've done before to put your backup copies of the maps. We also want to upgrade satellites and creates a dilemma mapshare you let me put the patch NavCore and to use my copy or do not update and quickfix mapshare. Then the solution is to change the Home version of an older version.

Downloaded the version you want from these two I leave it to these there is no type of problem and work great:

TomTom Home 2.3

Code: Select all
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2BZVNDQ8

TomTom Home 2.7.2

Code: Select all
http://www.multiupload.com/B9SV0Z101W

-Uninstall the version 2.8.1.2218.

"We urge the required version" in the last step unchecking Start TomTom Home "

If we leave things like the home we will say that there are more modern version would be as before.
So we do believe the program to have the latest version.

To deceive the home we will:
(The path may change depending on operating systems)

- C:\[color="red"]Program Files[/color] or [color="purple"]Program Files (x86)[/color]\TomTom HOME 2\xul\application.ini

On my PC with Windows Vista is on this path I've seen that before I served my

- C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\application.ini

- Open the file with Notepad or Wordpad (looks better with Worp) and look for the line:

Version = (put the numbers in the version we have installed)

"That line change it to:

[color="red"]Version = 2.8.2.2264[/color]

Home to check for updates, the program believe that is already running the latest version, and therefore offer no new version update.

NOTE: Sometimes, depending on the operating system (Windows Vista) and whether or not you running it as administrator will not let you modify the files for it you must click the right button or open and run as administrator, so you can make and save changes

If it still does not let you edit the file, copiáis the file on your desktop once you have changed it so you turn to paste into your site.

One advantage I've found to version 2.8.1.2218 that I recognize the PDA without any problem connecting via Active Sync as well update mapshare of Iberia and southern Europe without problems 865 3259
Orni offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom