Satelite tables   

Satelite tables

Postby xose » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I've spent quite some time trying to find out why my 700's decided to stop receiving gps signals. Turn's out it hasn't.

As I now know, the 700 has a Sirfii and so doesn't support Quickfix - so TT weren't being nasty after all all those years ago.

I've managed to use the information on an XL to see which sats the info's coming from. Turns out the 700 is all over the place and not one of the sats on its "look for" table (along the bottom of the GPS Staus screen) is on the XL. It gets weak signals from sats that the XL doesn't even register.

The XL has a full lock on 7 sats, sometimes 8. So it's not for lack of info up there.

Key Question then - how do I either:
1) Get rid of the file holding the info on the 700 so it starts again.
or
2) change the info (no Quickfix remember) so it knows which sat numbers to look for.

If it's in firmware, will flash get rid of this info so it starts from scratch?
Shouldn't a cold boot do that. Done loads of them and still the list of obviously past orbit sats on there.

Also, when I run flash, the tomtom appears to lock up on reboot after it runs. It locks on the tomtom in white on black screen. Is this because this flash is for the 510 and 710 only - so I'm not actually clearing the memory?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Xose
xose offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom