TT XL IQ routes nightmare - Newbie here, please help!!!   

TT XL IQ routes nightmare - Newbie here, please help!!!

Postby marinbel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:53 am

HI everyone. Absolutely new to this forum and to the gps world including TomTom. I have two TT's. I bought the second one after the first one stopped working - only green light showing when connected via usb - any Ideas?
But the actual reason for starting the thread is the second one. It was working fine until suddenly it went mad. I did nothing (or at least I think so) to provoke that, but this TT started relooping for no reason. I searched up and down the web and in various other forums but this helped me nothing. So far I made numerous full formats of the device trying with both with FAT and FAT32 with quick format ticked and without but always I get to the point where after fresh download from TT Home I got asked for language, time etc. and as soon as I set the time it just reboots. And I can do that all day long always with the same result. Let me just say that I tried also to put a map on it, tried patching of navcore and map, but still the same. Anyone able to help?
marinbel offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:44 pm

marinbel wrote:HI everyone. Absolutely new to this forum and to the gps world including TomTom. I have two TT's. I bought the second one after the first one stopped working - only green light showing when connected via usb - any Ideas?
But the actual reason for starting the thread is the second one. It was working fine until suddenly it went mad. I did nothing (or at least I think so) to provoke that, but this TT started relooping for no reason. I searched up and down the web and in various other forums but this helped me nothing. So far I made numerous full formats of the device trying with both with FAT and FAT32 with quick format ticked and without but always I get to the point where after fresh download from TT Home I got asked for language, time etc. and as soon as I set the time it just reboots. And I can do that all day long always with the same result. Let me just say that I tried also to put a map on it, tried patching of navcore and map, but still the same. Anyone able to help?

Cut the file "mapsettings.cfg" from your map folder and put it in a safe place on your PC then see if the restarting is gone ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby marinbel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 pm

djc151084 wrote:Cut the file "mapsettings.cfg" from your map folder and put it in a safe place on your PC then see if the restarting is gone ;)

It might be just me but I turned the whole place upside down and I couldn't find file with this name in it. Certainly there isn't one in the map folder!!! The closest I can see here is a FOLDER called TOMTOM-CFG. But there is only one .nfo file and nothing else. And as I said in my opening post the problem starts a lot earlier - even before I put any map in the memory.
marinbel offline

Postby marinbel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Let me just add a quick note. I tried to use TT home to operate the device. This time to my dismay I got a lot further. It took me to the point where NO MAPS FOUND message came on. However as soon as I disconnect the usb the old story begins.
marinbel offline

Postby marinbel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Now thisi is going to be interesting: on my TTgo file I've just noticed that the Ramdisk version, Bootloader version and Linux version are all different from the last time I saw these on the same device!!! Before these were 55136 Bootloader, 344750 Linux, 20090818 Ramdisk but these were shown as 10012 Bootloader, 1000 Linux, 200403301 Ramdisk.!!! How on earth? Is this a result from the patching?
marinbel offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom