Refurb 730 problems   

Refurb 730 problems

Postby Hotpants » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi all, I took delivery of my refurb 730 today. I hooked it up to my PC, and noted it had the 2GB Western and Central Europe map on it (840). It has bootloader 55120 on it according to the ttgo.bif file.

Tomtom home (patched) V2.7 started up, and installed a load of updates, including the map share guarantee, bringing the map up to v 845. However, when I start the unit up, I only get to the splash screen, and no further. I've tried a hard reset a couple of times to no avail. I restarted Tomtom home, and updated the 'operate my device' choice, and it downloaded the required file. I could then start to set up the device, choosing country, time etc. The weird thing is, when it gets past the voices choice, it says 'no maps installed', even though the map folder is there. I tried to open the 132 meta in the map folder with notepad, but there is just a whole load of garbage characters in there. It seems like its a corrupted download or similar...

Any ideas guys? I was going to put the UK & ROI 850.2781 on it and maybe update the navcore (currently 8.351). Am I best just wiping it clean and putting a whole new navcore and maps on and run easytools etc?

Cheers

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby djc151084 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Are you using any hackd/patchd maps or cams or fuel prices ect on it ?? if yes you need to patch your ttsystem file, if not please first try to use the tomtom clear flash tool this will empty your devices flash memory as sometimes it gets full and causes problems expecially after map upgrades ;) if you need further help please come back here ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Hotpants » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 pm

djc151084 wrote:Are you using any hackd/patchd maps or cams or fuel prices ect on it ?? if yes you need to patch your ttsystem file, if not please first try to use the tomtom clear flash tool this will empty your devices flash memory as sometimes it gets full and causes problems expecially after map upgrades ;) if you need further help please come back here ;)

Hi djc, thanks for the prompt response (as ever :). I deleted the old map folder, and a new folder that was created called 'maps' which has one file in. In Tomtom home, clicking 'update my device' did nothing, but opting for 'uipdate map' works. However, it now tells me that I need an external SD card as there is not enough space on the 730 :-(. presume this is because of downloading the latest updates...

I tried the clear flash tool, but on a 2GB drive, I only have 1.28 GB free - not enough for the new maps. Maybe I'll just throw the SD card in and use that and see if I can get it working.

Any recommendations on Navcore and map combo for the UK & ROI?

Cheers mate,

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:33 am

On the 730 you can use any Navcore you like - I have the 9.004 other prefer the 9.026 and so on - they all work fine.
You can download a full featured map from the map section or use the update Home offers.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby djc151084 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 am

My reccomendation for you is to use navcore 9.026 .cab and the matching SE ttsystem file and a fully featured map with all features of your choice (850 is current if your country is available)

Hotpants wrote:Hi djc, thanks for the prompt response (as ever :). I deleted the old map folder, and a new folder that was created called 'maps' which has one file in. In Tomtom home, clicking 'update my device' did nothing, but opting for 'uipdate map' works. However, it now tells me that I need an external SD card as there is not enough space on the 730 :-(. presume this is because of downloading the latest updates...

I tried the clear flash tool, but on a 2GB drive, I only have 1.28 GB free - not enough for the new maps. Maybe I'll just throw the SD card in and use that and see if I can get it working.

Cheers mate,

Hotpants
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Hotpants » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:13 pm

djc151084 wrote:My reccomendation for you is to use navcore 9.026 .cab and the matching SE ttsystem file and a fully featured map with all features of your choice (850 is current if your country is available)

Thanks guys - on putting the updated map on my SD card, the unit boots up with Navcore 8.412 as this was on the card from my old One model! I'll try the Navcore and ttsystem combo and have a play.

Thanks for the advice agian, I love this site!

Cheers

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Hotpants wrote:Hi djc, thanks for the prompt response (as ever :). I deleted the old map folder, and a new folder that was created called 'maps' which has one file in. In Tomtom home, clicking 'update my device' did nothing, but opting for 'uipdate map' works. However, it now tells me that I need an external SD card as there is not enough space on the 730 :-(. presume this is because of downloading the latest updates...

I tried the clear flash tool, but on a 2GB drive, I only have 1.28 GB free - not enough for the new maps. [color="red"]UK & ROI is only 208MB.[/color] Maybe I'll just throw the SD card in and use that and see if I can get it working.

Cheers mate,

Hotpants

Navcore 9.053 & United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland 850.2781 [208MB]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hotpants » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:43 pm

tendriver wrote:Navcore 9.053 & United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland 850.2781 [208MB]

Thanks tendriver, I had already downloaded the maps and will get the Navcore :cool:. I appreciate the UK and ROI is a lot smaller than Western Europe, but as it was an original map with a guarantee (albeit only to 845) then I thought i'd try it. I also had Iberia on my SD card and thought the Europe map might replace that as well.

Regards as always,

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Hotpants wrote:Thanks tendriver, I had already downloaded the maps and will get the Navcore :cool:. I appreciate the UK and ROI is a lot smaller than Western Europe, but as it was an original map with a guarantee (albeit only to 845) then I thought i'd try it. I also had Iberia on my SD card and thought the Europe map might replace that as well.

Regards as always,

Hotpants

You refer to UK & ROI several times. Is that not the map that you want?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hotpants » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 pm

tendriver wrote:You refer to UK & ROI several times. Is that not the map that you want?

It is indeed, but as I also had an Iberia map that I will be using later this year, I wanted to do a comparison test. I'm quite interested in the new UK & ROI 850.2781 map, as there is reportedly an extra 3,000km of road improvements in Ireland, and as I will be travelling there also, I wanted to see the differences in the Europe 845 and UK & ROI 850.
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:05 am

Hotpants wrote:It is indeed, but as I also had an Iberia map that I will be using later this year, I wanted to do a comparison test. I'm quite interested in the new UK & ROI 850.2781 map, as there is reportedly an extra 3,000km of road improvements in Ireland, and as I will be travelling there also, I wanted to see the differences in the Europe 845 and UK & ROI 850.

FYI, an area map, ie Western Europe or Western & Central Europe, will give you the same country coverage as a country map will.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hotpants » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:38 pm

tendriver wrote:FYI, an area map, ie Western Europe or Western & Central Europe, will give you the same country coverage as a country map will.

Many thanks tendriver - I wasnt sure if that was the case, so thanks for clarifying. I might as well just get the 850 Western Europe map :-).

Thanks

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Hotpants wrote:Many thanks tendriver - I wasnt sure if that was the case, so thanks for clarifying. I might as well just get the 850 Western Europe map :-).

Thanks

Hotpants

You are welcome.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom