Reboot an always asking for settings!   

Reboot an always asking for settings!

Postby drak_storm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello!

I own a Tomtom XL IQ Routes with maps South Europe v.895.4438 and Navcore 9.430.
It works like a charm for a long time, but since two days I have a problem:
It always shutdown and when I would like to start it, I have to set up all the settings again.

I have deleted all the content of the TT via USB, installed the latest navcore and the map, and I have activated it with FastActivate (the latest version). The problem is still present!

And when I have used the "Operate" option with TT Home, the TT shutdowns...

Someone can help me please?

Thanks!
drak_storm offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 pm

drak_storm wrote:Hello!

1. I own a Tomtom XL IQ Routes with maps South Europe v.895.4438 and Navcore 9.430.
2. It works like a charm for a long time, but since two days I have a problem:
It always shutdown and when I would like to start it, I have to set up all the settings again.

3. I have deleted all the content of the TT via USB, installed the latest navcore and the map, and I have activated it with FastActivate (the latest version). The problem is still present!

And when I have used the "Operate" option with TT Home, the TT shutdowns...

Someone can help me please?

Thanks!

1. OK
2. I have never known of a properly working unit that just quit working properly on it's own. Is there anything that you changed to cause the problem?
3. You have installed 9.465 & a 900.XXXX map?

Have you done a "Hard reset" &/or Clear flash??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby drak_storm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks for your answer!

I use it for my work every day. One day I turn it on and it said me again to choose the language, etc and I got a random reboot during the set up. I installed nothing more...

I have installed 9.465 with a 900.xxxx maps with a "clean install" (I always do this, it comes from another GPS website):
I deleted all the contents, installed navcore 9.465 using TT Home. But every time I connect it to my PC, it asks me in different languages if I want to connect the TT to the PC. I clicked on yes, I have done all the navcore update, I have let the TT boot on its owns to create the ttbo.bif file, then I boot it through the "Operate" function of TTHome for the dll profile and it asked me again to set up... I've installed my map, I've activated it with FastActivate but it freeze on the TT screen. I've made a reset by holding the power button and I have done a clear flash... Nothing happens.... Still freezing
drak_storm offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 am

If a clean install does not help I have to assume a faulty device.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:24 am

drak_storm wrote:I have installed 9.465 with a 900.xxxx maps with a "clean install" (I always do this, it comes from another GPS website):
I deleted all the contents, installed navcore 9.465 using TT Home. But every time I connect it to my PC, it asks me in different languages if I want to connect the TT to the PC. I clicked on yes, I have done all the navcore update, I have let the TT boot on its owns to create the ttbo.bif file, then I boot it through the "Operate" function of TTHome for the dll profile

For quality control reasons, the Navitotal TT Team does not give support for items downloaded & installed from other GPS websites.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby drak_storm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm

I have not installed something from other websites. When I got these problems, a friend of me gave me this way to do a clean install to try if it can solve my problems. That is all.
drak_storm offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:26 pm

drak_storm wrote:I have not installed something from other websites.

To avoid misunderstandings like this, please make your posts perfectly clean in the future.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hamish » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:52 pm

I had a similar experience a few years back; I blindly accepted automatic updates, from TTHome, without checking what they were (last chance for an update before a 5 week tour of Western Europe). I eventually concluded (but could well have
be wrong) that one of the downloads was an "application" update.

If your TTHome is not patched (FastActivate...) and you initiate TTHome's "Operate my device..." getting the Setup language etc may well happen (also likel;y to happen when your device is rebooted after disconnecting from "Operate my device". So, I slavishly read the Autmatic downloads, unchecking those I don't want, and reccomend not using "Operate my device" if TTHome has not been successfully patched.
Hamish offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Hamish wrote:If your TTHome is not patched (FastActivate...) and you initiate TTHome's "Operate my device..." getting the Setup language etc may well happen (also likel;y to happen when your device is rebooted after disconnecting from "Operate my device". So, I slavishly read the Autmatic downloads, unchecking those I don't want, and reccomend not using "Operate my device" if TTHome has not been successfully patched.

Trying to use an unpatched "Operate my device" with a device using a patched navcore, will go no farther than telling you that you can't use "Operate my device".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom